Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reserved an RT1. I keep hearing of people taking delivery sooner if they aren’t so picky on color and options. If I’m patient and willing to take what I can get, how long do you think it will be to take delivery. Reserved May of 2022

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
There are people who ordered 3 years earlier than you who are quite flexible on their config and still haven’t taken delivery…. So if Rivian decided they want to start being fair, you won’t get delivery any time soon. However, Rivian hasn’t been fair, thus far, so you’ll probably get your delivery tomorrow, while the rest of us get pushed further back.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Some of us have been waiting for more than 2 years to even configure the vehicle that we want, one that was available when we sent in our deposit, but was removed as an option when the configurator went live and hasn't been seen since.

This belief in the reality of the now missing Rivian model is in many ways an EV sasquatch; both the yeti and the R1S Max (er, Longer Range) are more than likely only mythological creatures.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts
There are people who ordered 3 years earlier than you who are quite flexible on their config and still haven’t taken delivery…. So if Rivian decided they want to start being fair, you won’t get delivery any time soon. However, Rivian hasn’t been fair, thus far, so you’ll probably get your delivery tomorrow, while the rest of us get pushed further back.
Ironic that people who cannot even spell “R1T”are getting so excited about their delivery timetable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed an order 3 years ago and all I ever got was publicity emails. About two months ago a Guide called and asked me what was going on with my purchase. I was confused and asked him to explain, he said he wanted to know if I was still interested and if so, he could possibly get me into a truck in about 30-45 days. Time went by and no contact, so I started sending emails asking what was going on, I asked why new orders were getting deliveries and I could not get mine, I asked where the vehicle he promised was. Same text book answers came back, but I really pushed and my emails and calls were getting nastier each day.

I finally get an email telling me that the Insurance Department wants to schedule a phone call with me, so I agreed. Rivian Insurance Agent calls and starts to explain program they have, I ask her why she is calling me if I have no VIN Number or truck coming down the line. The Agent was very surprised and said to let her see what she could do, meanwhile she wanted to get me a quote on all my vehicles and my home. A few days later I receive an email from Rivian asking me to complete the Purchase Order, Financial, Insurance ... agreements and arrange for pickup of my car a few days later. This email came late on a Friday so I kind of ignored it, but on Saturday morning I get a call from my Guide telling me that he found a vehicle for me and to go ahead and complete all the info. and not look at the delivery date since the vehicle is in transit.

Turns out vehicle is in Oregon and I am in Southern California, two day drive max. He tells me the vehicle is a brand new and was a cancelation. He said the vehicle had been checked out at the Oregon Service Center, passed inspection and was on the way down. I jump through hoops getting everything completed, including a check from my bank (better interest rate) and now I sit here with absolutely no information as to where my vehicle is. How much longer do you think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I placed an order 3 years ago and all I ever got was publicity emails. About two months ago a Guide called and asked me what was going on with my purchase. I was confused and asked him to explain, he said he wanted to know if I was still interested and if so, he could possibly get me into a truck in about 30-45 days. Time went by and no contact, so I started sending emails asking what was going on, I asked why new orders were getting deliveries and I could not get mine, I asked where the vehicle he promised was. Same text book answers came back, but I really pushed and my emails and calls were getting nastier each day.

I finally get an email telling me that the Insurance Department wants to schedule a phone call with me, so I agreed. Rivian Insurance Agent calls and starts to explain program they have, I ask her why she is calling me if I have no VIN Number or truck coming down the line. The Agent was very surprised and said to let her see what she could do, meanwhile she wanted to get me a quote on all my vehicles and my home. A few days later I receive an email from Rivian asking me to complete the Purchase Order, Financial, Insurance ... agreements and arrange for pickup of my car a few days later. This email came late on a Friday so I kind of ignored it, but on Saturday morning I get a call from my Guide telling me that he found a vehicle for me and to go ahead and complete all the info. and not look at the delivery date since the vehicle is in transit.

Turns out vehicle is in Oregon and I am in Southern California, two day drive max. He tells me the vehicle is a brand new and was a cancelation. He said the vehicle had been checked out at the Oregon Service Center, passed inspection and was on the way down. I jump through hoops getting everything completed, including a check from my bank (better interest rate) and now I sit here with absolutely no information as to where my vehicle is. How much longer do you think?
Very strange. Please post what happens and why once this resolves itself. And send Pics of your new ride!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I just reserved an RT1. I keep hearing of people taking delivery sooner if they aren’t so picky on color and options. If I’m patient and willing to take what I can get, how long do you think it will be to take delivery. Reserved May of 2022
There have been a number of posts here and on the other Rivian forum from folks who relatively recently reserved vehicles and were notified of deliveries this year. I was at first inclined to think that the posts were simply trolling, but there have been enough of them that I now think there is something going on.

In addition, it seems like there is only a very rough relationship between when you placed your deposit and when you get contacted for delivery. While more than a few who placed orders very early on (2018 and 2019) seem to be getting their vehicles, there also appears to be a fairly large number who've been waiting 3+ years who have not heard anything. Configuration is certainly one of the reasons, but not the sole one, and why these early order holders continue to be kept in the dark about delivery is not clear, at least to me.

All of this is to say that there is a chance you can win the Rivian lottery @Greenlight, and could see your R1T in early 2023 or even late this year. There is a greater likelihood however that parts shortages and supply chain issues, combined with being nearer the end of the line of the 90,000+ order holders, will prevent you from getting a Rivian before 2024.

In my view, the latter is much more likely, but more than a few folks seem to win the Rivian lottery, and there's a chance one of them could be you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts