Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum @RRR1TTT! There's plenty of videos and photos here of the Ocean Coast/Ash Wood interior. Are you going to switch to that interior for your R1T?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @RRR1TTT! There's plenty of videos and photos here of the Ocean Coast/Ash Wood interior. Are you going to switch to that interior for your R1T?

Thanks JimmyEV! I placed my order in March of this year with the Ocean Coast interior. I plan to keep the El Cap w/ Ocean Coast interior even with the recent change in wood trim. Trying to gauge if I could still possible expect my truck this year or if it would likely be next year. Anxiously awaiting as most are!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks JimmyEV! I placed my order in March of this year with the Ocean Coast interior. I plan to keep the El Cap w/ Ocean Coast interior even with the recent change in wood trim. Trying to gauge if I could still possible expect my truck this year or if it would likely be next year. Anxiously awaiting as most are!
I think the answer to your question will revolve around how close you live to a service center and a degree of luck. I have an early 2021 deposit date with a similar build to you and haven’t heard a thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone received their R1T with the revised Ocean Coast interior yet? Also, any insight as to what perecentage of order holders kept their orders with Ocean Coast?

Thanks!
I have seen the revised Ocean Coast interior in an R1T at the Atlanta Service Center. Having seen it, I prefer it to the original Ocean Coast interior with the natural wood.

My guide informed me today my truck has arrived at the Atlanta Serivce Center and is undergoing final pre-delivery inpection: LE, LA Silver, (New) Ocean Coast, 20" AT wheels. I have not seen my vehicle yet but will post photos when I take delivery. The timing of delivery now depends on the inspection process at the Service Center.

Counting the days now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen the revised Ocean Coast interior in an R1T at the Atlanta Service Center. Having seen it, I prefer it to the original Ocean Coast interior with the natural wood.

My guide informed me today my truck has arrived at the Atlanta Serivce Center and is undergoing final pre-delivery inpection: LE, LA Silver, (New) Ocean Coast, 20" AT wheels. I have not seen my vehicle yet but will post photos when I take delivery. The timing of delivery now depends on the inspection process at the Service Center.

Counting the days now.
Outstanding news and congrats!! This is very exciting and I can’t wait to see your new interior. Can I ask when you originally placed your order?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Outstanding news and congrats!! This is very exciting and I can’t wait to see your new interior. Can I ask when you originally placed your order?
Yes. I placed my order on July 31, 2020. I made no changes to my configuration at any time and just waited out the price increase/roll back and the Ocean Coast delays. Really, all I have done is wait. .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you think modifying your configuration starts the clock over again?
It is unclear to me how changes in the configuration affects delivery. In March I was offered the vehicle I had ordered/configured but with the Black Mountain interior instead of Ocean Coast. I declined because I thought the black interior would be too hot - I live in Georgia. I was told that if I accepted the black interior I would get my truck much earlier than the July-September 2022 delivery window.

Based on my experience, if Rivian offers you a different configuration it means they have inventory they want to move because they built vehicles with the parts on hand whether those vehicles matched pre-orders or not. If you make a change in the configuration, you may have your place in line moved back. In any event, I would contact your Guide for the official company policy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my original pre order is adventure, El Cap granite with OC interior, and 22s and I never changed the configuration. Just got a guide yesterday and last night acccess to start the 8 step process. Completed 1-6 and now awaiting info on timing of the build and delivery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone received their R1T with the revised Ocean Coast interior yet? Also, any insight as to what perecentage of order holders kept their orders with Ocean Coast?

Thanks!
Yes, saw one in person during our demo drive Aug 24. Was heading to a customer. Everyone agreed it looks much better than the planned light wood anyway. The dark wood and contrast looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts