Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quite frankly I am not sure why is such but the actual R1T seems to have a much better presence as compared to what it appears in pictures and videos. I was quite impressed actually. I have not seen R1S in person yet so I am hoping that also holds true for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me, every time I see this pictures rather than getting excited I get worried that this means that they are still testing so does that mean more delay. It to me seems that they are not production ready yet. I really hope that I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quite frankly I am not sure why is such but the actual R1T seems to have a much better presence as compared to what it appears in pictures and videos. I was quite impressed actually. I have not seen R1S in person yet so I am hoping that also holds true for it.
Any common upscale vehicles you would say it comes off similar to?
Land Rover?

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me, every time I see this pictures rather than getting excited I get worried that this means that they are still testing so does that mean more delay. It to me seems that they are not production ready yet. I really hope that I am wrong.
I'd wager most car companies are continually testing their vehicles on the road. Especially EV companies who are doing OTA updates - the more real world data you have around how everything operates together, the better. I expect (and hope!) that Rivian continues to test vehicles in the wild, long after they're in customers' hands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As others have stated, the more testing the better. Testing and gathering data will only make the vehicle better. For LE buyers, testing they do now will probably not make it into your vehicle unless its a change they can push with an OTA update. However, its my hunch that all these spottings of R1Ts and R1Ss isn't all testing but employees driving them around to have people take pictures and videos and create buzz and free press. Its pretty smart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts