Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Rivian's factory has reopened for workers, they have announced that their electric delivery vans for Amazon are still on track to be ready for 2021.

From Electrek:

With today’s announcement that Rivian is reopening its factory, they announced the delivery van is still on time for first deliveries next year:

"Amazon ordered 100,000 electric delivery vehicles from Rivian, the largest order ever of electric delivery vehicles, with vans starting to deliver packages to customers in 2021. Amazon plans to have 10,000 of the new electric vehicles on the road as early as 2022 and all 100,000 vehicles on the road by 2030 — saving millions of metric tons of carbon per year by 2030, and supports the company’s commitment to reduce its carbon emissions."

Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe commented on reopening the factory:

"Rivian’s return-to-work team has been laser-focused on safety with a 4-phase plan that emphasizes employee well-being. Additionally, the vehicle engineering and design teams have been truly innovative in developing digital methods to make sure that program timing remains on track."

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm probably being way too optimistic here but if the delivery van is still on schedule, maybe Rivian is being conservative with their delay for the R1T and R1S.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably being way too optimistic here but if the delivery van is still on schedule, maybe Rivian is being conservative with their delay for the R1T and R1S.
I think the reason why the van is still on track is that each one is basically going to be the same. While there will be different versions of the R1S/R1T.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the reason why the van is still on track is that each one is basically going to be the same. While there will be different versions of the R1S/R1T.
That seems likely, I'm sure Amazon has been throwing a lot of resources on the project too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts