Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rivian R1T comes with three 110-volt power outlets located in the bed with 400 watts available at each. Its basically a power bank that's ideal for charging your devices, power tools and more. We also get USB-C ports and an air compressor. If you're into camping or just need on-the-go power, these will be super valuable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
400w outlets are very disappointing. That is less than 4a. With 180kwh battery I could power my home for a week or more but not with 400w outlets. I was hoping for 110/120v 15a outlets that I could plug a level one ev charger into. There is so much power available so why not be able to use it. Electric grill, microwave, charging up electric motorcycle, electric airplane, etc!
Will the R1S have the same capability?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That induction stove they demo'd in the gear tunnel camp pullout is at least a 1000-1200W device. I would be very surprised and disappointed if the outlets only provided 400W.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far I have been able to find out that the R1S will have one 110v outlet up front and one in the cargo area but no mention of amps. I too would find it surprising that it would not be 15a capable. If the outlet is there, people are going to plug things into it that draw more than 4amps! It would also be nice to have some power in the Frunk to power a cooler.
The opportunity is there for awesome VTH (vehicle to home) capability. I hope they take advantage of it. My average home consumption is around 20kwh daily. That is almost 9 days of power on the 180kwh battery! Would come in as a handy backup if a hurricane took out my roof solar system or for those without other back up capability.
Even one 15a outlet would allow level 1 charging of another vehicle or any number of uses when other power is not available.
I‘ll post if I hear back any details from Rivian.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the latest episode of The Long Way Up, Rivian provided a solution for the team to charge the electric Harleys off the Rivian. Surely Rivian can see the advantage in this type of option beyond just this expedition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts