Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pickup trucks are the most accessorized vehicles on the market today so I’m super pumped at the prospect of new goodies that will become available for the R1T and R1S once owners begin to take delivery of the new vehicles.

What aftermarket accessories are you hoping for/looking forward to seeing for the R1T or R1S?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything aimed at camping and overlanding is super exciting. Whether that be tents, camper shells, etc.

On my Jeep JK I’m currently running a pair of Baja Designs LP9’s as well as rock lights underneath. I’d love to see how the RT1 is designed for auxiliary products requiring wiring harnesses, switches, etc. I saw the Nikola Badger (not sure it will ever see the light of day) but they’re adding auxiliary switches in the touch screen with quick-connect systems under the hood. I’d love to see something like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would really love to see Rivian add bright lights on the side mirrors like what the F150 has. I love them and use them a lot!
I agree, anything with lighting is going to be huge. Especially because they’re touting this as an overland ready EV. We need those lights!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree, anything with lighting is going to be huge. Especially because they’re touting this as an overland ready EV. We need those lights!
Aftermarket companies are going to have a lot of fun adding accessories to the R1T and R1S. I want to see companies make accessories that can fit or be stored in the gear tunnel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@MilesK, yea that gear tunnel looks like a treasure trove of opportunity. I’d love to see some solid storage options for that tunnel myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just some thoughts
  • R1S Roof top bike rack that slides back and lowers at an angle. Would allow bikes to be loaded from back and then slid up into place on top.
  • R1T Bike rack in truck bed that slides back and lowers at an angle.
  • R1S and R1T Trailer hitch option that swings side to side and lowers/raises during hookup. Would lock in place when in use.
  • R1T Slide out tool organizer in tunnel.
  • R1S and R1T concur with addition work lighting options stated by others.
-R1S Slide back tailgate accessories including cooler. For college game day obviously.
- R1S Dog divider in back for our favorite labradors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just some thoughts
  • R1S Roof top bike rack that slides back and lowers at an angle. Would allow bikes to be loaded from back and then slid up into place on top.
  • R1S and R1T Trailer hitch option that swings side to side and lowers/raises during hookup. Would lock in place when in use.
-R1S Slide back tailgate accessories including cooler. For college game day obviously.
I really like this list, a slide out tool kit/organizer for the tunnel would be sweet and a good way to show people it can be used as a work truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just some thoughts
As a mountain biker I love all of your bike related accessory ideas. It would definitely be easier to use the R1S as a bike hauler if there was an easier system to get them on top of that vehicle. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to see one in person but from images and experience with other SUV’s getting bikes on some of them are a chore. So anything to make that process simpler is a-okay in my books.

Also, I think that gear tunnel has some great opportunities for accessories. I think you’re bang-on - it’s a great feature for a contractor as a work truck vehicle.

Does anyone know if the frunk (we need a better name for that, lol) has a plug? That would be great place for charging batteries, tools, computers, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a mountain biker I love all of your bike related accessory ideas. It would definitely be easier to use the R1S as a bike hauler if there was an easier system to get them on top of that vehicle. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to see one in person but from images and experience with other SUV’s getting bikes on some of them are a chore. So anything to make that process simpler is a-okay in my books.

Also, I think that gear tunnel has some great opportunities for accessories. I think you’re bang-on - it’s a great feature for a contractor as a work truck vehicle.

Does anyone know if the frunk (we need a better name for that, lol) has a plug? That would be great place for charging batteries, tools, computers, etc.
Maybe a front tub?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to be able access some of the battery capacity for other purposes. The power in the 180khw battery pack could easily power my home for 2 or 3 weeks! As a minimum I would like a few 110/120v 15a outlets that could be used to charge another ev with a level 1 charger. It would be ideal for operating an electric grill, microwave oven, charging larger toys such as electric motorcycles, atv’s, even my electric motor glider. These items could be used and charged for use away from normal electric sources. I need this available in the R1S! Vehicle to Home (VTH) capability would be a huge selling point. Powering my home after a hurricane would be a great asset. But just some 110/120v, 15/20a capability would sell me on this vehicle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts