Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you all might be curious- I tested the Rivian Adventure Network charger in Bishop, CA on Monday. I had to keep moving around to find a charger that didn’t say “unavailable”. Luckily there was nobody else there so I was able to charge at one that did work. And the RAN stations have a handy red light around when they are unavailable that is visible at night. So for those of us that thought the RAN might be more reliable than EA or EVGo it seems that may not be the case.
Car Product Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior

· Registered
10 Posts
Dangit, that is a bummer. I just last weekend made my first real road trip to Mammoth opening day Saturday. From my home in South Lake Tahoe 100% charge and 293 miles range I embarked on a 288 mile round trip excursion to Mammoth. I was really disappointed to find that the Mammoth Mountain Inn has literally ZERO charging stalls. And further to my dismay, i was not able to locate any DC CCS fast charging stations in Mammoth. The closest DC CCS is this one in Bishop. I am booked to return to Mammoth Thursday, but I am seriously considering stealing my wife's Durango as me being stranded somewhere out on the 395 north of Mammoth is a very real possibility. Rivian Corp, if you're listening, PLEASE install DC chargers in Mammoth Lakes. And then Elko next, please. also maybe consider teaming up with either Alterra or Vail Corp for ski resort parking lot charging stations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts