Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
Future R1S Owner
3 Posts
I am disappointed that Rivian is so far behind the forecast rollout of their fast charger network, aka Level 3. On road trips unless it’s at a hotel or ski area L2 isn’t really going to cut it. They promised by a massive National presence by the end of 2023 but seem to be behind on the goal.

These EV vloggers were hopeful of Rivian and bought an R1T for a long term review. Unfortunately after multiple road-trip charging debacles and sparse L3 coverage (of any make) in parts of the population dense northeast USA they walked away unimpressed with the Rivian ownership experience for now. I can only imagine that the experience would be worse across sparsely populated expanses of the rural western US where I live.

I hope Rivian surprises me with a ton of L3 chargers in the next 12 months and a rollout close to their previously stated goal but I’m certainly not holding my breath. If not I don’t totally blame them as the pandemic supply woes have been tough on everyone.

· Registered
Future R1S Owner
3 Posts
Here’s an informative Google map tracking the current build out of the RAN. The map shows planned locations, service centers as well. You can declutter the map to just show RAN sites that are permitted (or reported to be permitting soon), under construction, and existing sites by toggling off everything except “RAN w/ known address.”

It was shared by Rivian Adventure Network Tracker on Twitter and you can go here for additional info.

· Registered
3 Posts
unpopular opinion: But why didn't Rivian just team up with Tesla to add CCS plugs to the superchargers.. Tesla was going to do it anyway, and if Rivian worked with Tesla on the idea then they could make Rivian's "Plug and Charge" just like Tesla, and already have a TON of coverage throughout. It would be much cheaper to partner with Tesla AND EVEN offer free charging for Rivian's (as they currently do) than to construct all new charging stations.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts