Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have already been posted somewhere so my apologies if so. I am new to the forum and have only had my R1T for a couple of weeks but have some thoughts on the app. I like the general functionality of it but think they could do more. I would love to be able to adjust the ride height of my truck from the app. I would also really like to be alerted via the app when my gear guard is activated. What is on everyone else’s wish list for the app?

· Premium Member
37 Posts
1) Turn signal should "chime at me" if I forget to turn in off after 5 mins (1st thing I noticed during my recent 1st Mile Demo Drive in a R1S).
2) Type C connectors under front dashboard, next to existing cigarette lighter/accessory port, for folks who will windshield mount phone holders.
3) Dash Cam looking forward & out back of R1S for the idiot drivers we have to deal with everyday (OTA Software update could provide this using existing cameras).
4) Rearview mirror should be a "display" from a rear mounted exterior camera, due to headrests/passenger heads blocking view out rear window of R1S.

Reactions: Steve M.

· Registered
149 Posts
1) Turn signal should "chime at me" if I forget to turn in off after 5 mins (1st thing I noticed during my recent 1st Mile Demo Drive in a R1S).
2) Type C connectors under front dashboard, next to existing cigarette lighter/accessory port, for folks who will windshield mount phone holders.
3) Dash Cam looking forward & out back of R1S for the idiot drivers we have to deal with everyday (OTA Software update could provide this using existing cameras).
4) Rearview mirror should be a "display" from a rear mounted exterior camera, due to headrests/passenger heads blocking view out rear window of R1S.
Curious to know how you would approach adding these to the mobile app ;)

I would like the ability to schedule departure times so that the truck is always pre-conditioned for my commute. (I don't have the truck yet so apologies if can already do this, but AFAIK it can't)

· Registered
53 Posts
  • Remote viewing of Gear Guard events (and maybe even live cam! I’m okay if this is only working when the truck is on WiFi instead of LTE).
  • Gear Guard alert notifications (and fine-tuned control of what should notify).
  • Remote control of lights.
  • Power outlet status and on/off toggle.
  • Battery pre-conditioning toggle while plugged in (And maybe scheduled departure too).
  • Camp mode auto-leveling toggle.
  • Proximity mode toggle
  • Auto-park? (I recognize this would need to be an OTA update on the truck itself, too)
  • Remote access of the truck’s garage door opener.
  • Battery temperature gauge
  • 12v battery status
  • AV remote controls / demo mode toggle / General tailgating options

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • Remote viewing of Gear Guard events (and maybe even live cam! I’m okay if this is only working when the truck is on WiFi instead of LTE).
  • Gear Guard alert notifications (and fine-tuned control of what should notify).
  • Battery pre-conditioning toggle while plugged in (And maybe scheduled departure too).
  • Proximity mode toggle
  • Auto-park? (I recognize this would need to be an OTA update on the truck itself, too)
  • 12v battery status
Solid list

· Registered
50 Posts
I'd like to be able to "Schedule Trips"
I would have one for my morning routine that is recurring unless I turn it off for the day (like iPhone sleep mode), eg, at 8am I want the SOC to be 70%, the cabin at 70 degrees and the truck to be at the right ride height to immediately depart. For a long trip I'd be able to say have the charge be at 100% at 9am and the truck at the right height and temperature when I am planning to leave, and the truck would just figure out when to start charging to make that happen.

· Registered
15 Posts
  • Proximity mode toggle
  • 12v battery status
Auto-park? You can't park your own vehicle?

· Registered
53 Posts
Auto-park? You can't park your own vehicle?
One of those cool features that a lot of automakers have made is the ability to have your vehicle pull into a tight space on your behalf while you stand outside using the app. Another cool feature is the vehicle self-parallel-parking, again, another thing that many automakers are doing.

Clearly I can (And must) park myself. Thanks for the snark. Keep the change.

· Registered
65 Posts
Temporary Override of Proximity Locking/Unlocking: This would force a manual unlock (using the phone app) for the NEXT time (only) that the vehicle is unlocked.

I have, upon occasion, had the Rivian unlock when I was parked nearby when in a restaurant and seated near a window. This would also be likely when in a patio cafe with outdoor dining.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the lock/unlock scheme...there have been times when I had already walked too far from the Rivian to see the door handles by the time I heard a chirp and saw lights. Other times, I've had to take my phone out of my pocket to get the unlock to work automatically. Yesterday, I had to manually unlock because it ignored proximity altogether. I keep proximity locking off at home, and I have now set the "auto relock if unlocked for 2 minutes without door opening". Since you have to dig down into Settings/Vehicle/Access then scroll to turn off proximity, it would be a PITA to do this regularly if anticipating this happening, and you cannot do it at all from the app.

This could be instituted in a different manner as well...suppose that, any time you manually lock (using the phone), you have to manually UN-lock to open the vehicle? Thus, in a situation where you wanted proximity to be temporarily off, you would exit the vehicle, pull out your phone, lock it, and THEN walk away so that proximity lock doesn't activate. Proximity unlock would then not activate either.

I get that there are many people who are in situations where they don't WANT to have doors automatically open (in order to minimize the vulnerable time when the doors are unlocked in a gas station or bad part of town, for instance). Mostly they would only want to have the driver's door unlock in these situations...but that's a different issue entirely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts