Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
110 Posts
My existing order is green on green, but I'm seriously considering switching to blue on white.

That side seat panel doesn't seem squooshed together correctly. Is everything as it should be there?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I actually never noticed it before. There is a clip that holds the two pieces together, and there isn't enough tension to hold them tight. Same issue on the driver's side. Seat works fine, just one more of the joys of owning a first production run vehicle ;)

· Registered
790 Posts
That side seat panel doesn't seem squooshed together correctly. Is everything as it should be there?
Yes, it's exactly like it should be.

Yeah, I actually never noticed it before. There is a clip that holds the two pieces together, and there isn't enough tension to hold them tight. Same issue on the driver's side. Seat works fine, just one more of the joys of owning a first production run vehicle
Nooooo ... You're jumping to the (wrong) conclusion, and taking a cheap shot at Rivian in the process. The seat constructions has been discussed many times, pointed out in the Munro videos, etc. This is intentional and is exactly what it should look like. The plastic trim at the bottom of the seat is connected to the seat, so when the seat bottom is tilted that gap will increase or decrease because the seat bottom is moving relative to the fixed trim at the back of the seat where the belt goes into the base. Just get in and look at it as you adjust your seat and you'll see how it works.

My config is RB/OC/20" as well, and I think it looks great. Glad I waited for the OC.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting...Not a cheap shot BTW. LOVE my truck, but I think we can all agree, there have been some growing pains.I will gladly accept them based on the company's amazing commitment to innovation. Truly rare in the auto industry.

· Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
110 Posts
Yes, it's exactly like it should be.

Nooooo ... You're jumping to the (wrong) conclusion, and taking a cheap shot at Rivian in the process. The seat constructions has been discussed many times, pointed out in the Munro videos, etc. This is intentional and is exactly what it should look like. The plastic trim at the bottom of the seat is connected to the seat, so when the seat bottom is tilted that gap will increase or decrease because the seat bottom is moving relative to the fixed trim at the back of the seat where the belt goes into the base. Just get in and look at it as you adjust your seat and you'll see how it works.

My config is RB/OC/20" as well, and I think it looks great. Glad I waited for the OC.
I disagree with their design choice then. They could eliminate an ugly gap in the plastic if the seatbelt trim plastic was aligned with the seat bottom and didn't move independently.

Can you provide a link to the Munro video where they discuss this? Preferably with time stamp?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts