Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between these two.
My config from Jan22' pre-order is Rivian Blue w/Ocean Coast.
Limestone with Ocean Coast looks really nice after seeing the post from RJ.
But, is it girly looking? Like powder blue?
Thats my only hangup.

If I switch to Limestone I will save $1,000 and put back the powered tonneau cover which I removed altogether.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am torn between these two.
My config from Jan22' pre-order is Rivian Blue w/Ocean Coast.
Limestone with Ocean Coast looks really nice after seeing the post from RJ.
But, is it girly looking? Like powder blue?
Thats my only hangup.

If I switch to Limestone I will save $1,000 and put back the powered tonneau cover which I removed altogether.
Any opinions?
Its not a powder blue. More of a baby sky blue. But only when it’s completely clear and sunny out. It looks like a flat but glossy grey under the clouds. Moldy green when it’s in between.

It was by far my least favorite color. Until I saw it in person. I tried to snap as many pictures as I could in person but none did them justice. I finally stopped with the pictures and just decided to switch to it.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
273 Posts
Not a fan of the Limestone but that is my personal taste. Forrest Green, Rivian Blue and the Red are by far my favorite colors and if a Rivian came up like that would take anyone of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry. Never intended to offend anyone.
Calling for a do-over. Don't want this post to switch gears on a truck that doesn't have any.
Just trying to choose between Rivian Blue and Limestone. I like them both.
What would you choose? If it makes a difference I built this skiff during the pandemic and am leaning toward Blue because I think it would look awesome while towing!
Water Boat Plant Sky Watercraft

·
Registered
54 Posts
Calling for a do-over. Don't want this post to switch gears on a truck that doesn't have any.
What would you choose? If it makes a difference I built this skiff during the pandemic and am leaning toward Blue because I think it would look awesome while towing!
View attachment 7720
I never considered the Limestone until I saw one in person then I thought it was VERY compelling. My Config is Rivian Blue but I go back and forth with the Canyon Red.... but I have never seen Canyon Red in person and like you with Limestone that makes me unsure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I never considered the Limestone until I saw one in person then I thought it was VERY compelling. My Config is Rivian Blue but I go back and forth with the Canyon Red.... but I have never seen Canyon Red in person and like you with Limestone that makes me unsure.
The red is gorgeous. I couldn’t stop staring at it. It’s a beautiful candy like sparkle and shine that goes between a red and an orange. Never fully orange but enough to make you ask is that red or orange? It’s bright but not as bright as Tesla’s red. I prefer it over the blue personally
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Jeep grand cherokee Wheel Car Vehicle

When it looks red.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The red is gorgeous. I couldn’t stop staring at it. It’s a beautiful candy like sparkle and shine that goes between a red and an orange. Never fully orange but enough to make you ask is that red or orange? It’s bright but not as bright as Tesla’s red. I prefer it over the blue personally View attachment 7738

View attachment 7736

When it looks red.
Yeah your not helping.... LOL . I just have to see it but my impression is the same as yours and when I was a kid my absolute favorite color in my crayon box was called burnt orange and my gut tells me Canyon Red is "Burnt Orange" applied to a truck. It seems to me that maybe the CR is the rarest color. The local delivery center (Portland Oregon) says they have only ever had one pass through so my efforts to drive by and hope to catch a peak of one in their lot seem to be futile

·
Registered
54 Posts
The red is gorgeous. I couldn’t stop staring at it. It’s a beautiful candy like sparkle and shine that goes between a red and an orange. Never fully orange but enough to make you ask is that red or orange? It’s bright but not as bright as Tesla’s red. I prefer it over the blue personally View attachment 7738

View attachment 7736

When it looks red.
PS I swear if I could gaurantee they would have a Rivian Blue and a Canyon Red both at the Venice Center like these photos, I would fly down to close this decision

·
Registered
220 Posts
PS I swear if I could gaurantee they would have a Rivian Blue and a Canyon Red both at the Venice Center like these photos, I would fly down to close this decision
You can call and ask if they’re there right before you fly out. I’ll see if I can find a photo that I think is accurate for you. The photo I posted is as red as I saw it get. It only gets more orange from there, but idk that I would call it burnt orange. For me I’m a fan of a good orange but the driver away from that was that it was more red than orange. If it was one or two shades more orange I probably would’ve got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going back and forth between Rivian Blue and Limestone too. I've seen them both in person, and either seems like a good choice. I think I'm going to stick with blue, but if I got an invite to the shop and Limestone was there... The only reason I'm not 100% set on blue is the couple of times I've seen them in person, they don't seem as bold or bright as the photos make them look. It appeared more of a denim-ish blue to me. Maybe they were just dirty, I'm not sure. I was hoping it was closer to Volvo's Rebel Blue.

·
Registered
220 Posts
View attachment 7720
If you need a limestone that makes you go…um…maybe not… this might do.

For the record, it never looked like that the couple of times I saw it in person.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have seen both the Blue and the Limestone, and they both look good, to me. The Blue comes across pretty well in pictures, but the Limestone doesn't. Limestone is basically gray. There are slight hints of color in strong sun, but the hue is subjective. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue–green_distinction_in_language

The most noticeable thing about the Limestone IMO is that it is a relatively "flat" color. Many manufacturers are producing a flat gray-ish color these days, so to me it looks a little trendy because of that, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a nice color.

I personally went with a color. I see half of Rivian's colors as shades of gray. This includes Limestone, El Cap, Silver, White, and Black. When I drive down the highway, the vast majority of cars I see are one of these gray shades. I personally wanted something a little different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can call and ask if they’re there right before you fly out. I’ll see if I can find a photo that I think is accurate for you. The photo I posted is as red as I saw it get. It only gets more orange from there, but idk that I would call it burnt orange. For me I’m a fan of a good orange but the driver away from that was that it was more red than orange. If it was one or two shades more orange I probably would’ve got it.
That is probably where I am at... if it was definitely just a tinge more orange that would be it for me

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have seen both the Blue and the Limestone, and they both look good, to me. The Blue comes across pretty well in pictures, but the Limestone doesn't. Limestone is basically gray. There are slight hints of color in strong sun, but the hue is subjective. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue–green_distinction_in_language

The most noticeable thing about the Limestone IMO is that it is a relatively "flat" color. Many manufacturers are producing a flat gray-ish color these days, so to me it looks a little trendy because of that, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a nice color.

I personally went with a color. I see half of Rivian's colors as shades of gray. This includes Limestone, El Cap, Silver, White, and Black. When I drive down the highway, the vast majority of cars I see are one of these gray shades. I personally wanted something a little different.
Yeah I like the Limestone but my other car already has one of those flat gray colors so I did not want a second of the same.... and the Rivian Blue does remind me of my recently departed 2003 S2000 in Suzaka Blue

1 - 20 of 40 Posts