Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
The guy in the left of the R1S in the picture is huge right? The R1S looks like a compact SUV next to him 😂

Jokes aside, I love this blue but cannot get over the $2500 to justify it over the included for free launch green!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy in the left of the R1S in the picture is huge right? The R1S looks like a compact SUV next to him 😂

Jokes aside, I love this blue but cannot get over the $2500 to justify it over the included for free launch green!
Little known fact, you need to be 7 feet tall to work on the Rivian assembly line 🤣. I agree with you launch green for free is too good to pass up for the blue.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Is anyone bothered by how small the rear calipers are? I thought they would be the same all around.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
I think people are spying on us 🕵️‍♀️

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Every vehicle I can think of has different rotors/calipers front vs rear.

~80% of braking effort is done by the front.
Very true and completely forgot about that.

Keep in mind that once most people adjust to driving an EV, they use the regenerative braking far more than the actual brakes.
Also true, yet another bonus of owning an EV, less brake servicing. But I know Tesla recommends owners to get their brakes cleaned and lubricated every 12 months or 12,500 miles. Any current EV owners want to chime in on brake servicing?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
324 Posts
Very true and completely forgot about that.

Also true, yet another bonus of owning an EV, less brake servicing. But I know Tesla recommends owners to get their brakes cleaned and lubricated every 12 months or 12,500 miles. Any current EV owners want to chime in on brake servicing?
I’ve had a Model S for 5+ Yrs, 60,000 miles and have never taken it in for any type of “regular” service. AFIK, the brakes have never been touched. I look at them the last time I had the tires rotated, and they looked fine with plenty of pad still on them.

Not that I’m saying you shouldn’t have them cleaned and lubed. That’s probably a good idea. Just saying that in my experience it’s not catastrophic if you don’t.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
324 Posts
View attachment 1340

Seriously, Rivian really came though on design. I was planning to get a Range Rover Sport mostly because of its elegant design, but the R1S basically put that on hold. Not exactly the same SUVs but you know what I mean.
The front half of the R1S is very reminiscent of a Range Rover. The back half, not so much. It’s much more squared of than the Range Rover. I actually like the design of the rear end of the Range Rover a little better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts