Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am thinking about switching my reservation from R1T to R1S and getting it for my wife. Then I will get the Hummer about a year later for me.
That would be one impressive driveway with those two side by side.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am thinking about switching my reservation from R1T to R1S and getting it for my wife. Then I will get the Hummer about a year later for me.
Good choice as you will get the best of both worlds. Its not like Rivian will make a heavy duty Rivian, although idea did get around! Which Hummer model do you see yourself getting?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good choice as you will get the best of both worlds. Its not like Rivian will make a heavy duty Rivian, although idea did get around! Which Hummer model do you see yourself getting?
View attachment 1350
My Hummer reservation is currenlty for the V3, wait listed for Edition 1. GM already sent me an email that I will be able to upgrade to Edition 1 features, they will be releasing more info on that this year. Having a V3 reservation simply means I have to wait until at least fall of 2022, likely into 2023. I was holding out to get the R1T Adventure Package with Max Pack and removable roof, which is not until mid 2022. But I am sure based on my reservation number of 10K, I could get a R1S Explorer version early in 2022, without off road package. Then I could just wait for the Hummer even if it slips to 2023, I do not need 2 pickups or 2 off road vehicles. By then I will know the EPA range ratings for each of these trucks, firm schedule for removable roof, and whether or not the R1S will come with a biggger battery.

For now, I am just sitting on my two reservations, waiting for things to come to fruition. Hopefully as the end of this year approaches, things will become more clear. No need to make a final decision right now.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Hummer reservation is currenlty for the V3, wait listed for Edition 1. GM already sent me an email that I will be able to upgrade to Edition 1 features, they will be releasing more info on that this year. Having a V3 reservation simply means I have to wait until at least fall of 2022, likely into 2023. I was holding out to get the R1T Adventure Package with Max Pack and removable roof, which is not until mid 2022. But I am sure based on my reservation number of 10K, I could get a R1S Explorer version early in 2022, without off road package. Then I could just wait for the Hummer even if it slips to 2023, I do not need 2 pickups or 2 off road vehicles. By then I will know the EPA range ratings for each of these trucks, firm schedule for removable roof, and whether or not the R1S will come with a biggger battery.

For now, I am just sitting on my two reservations, waiting for things to come to fruition. Hopefully as the end of this year approaches, things will become more clear. No need to make a final decision right now.
Out of curiosity, what was it about the Hummer that convinced you to place a reservation?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Out of curiosity, what was it about the Hummer that convinced you to place a reservation?
A few reasons, mostly to have a backup plan, and it was only $100. But I see some advantages for the Hummer:

Removable roof that fits in the frunk is really cool.
It has rock sliders for off roading.
It has underbody cameras for off roading.
Multipro tailgate.
350KW charging, 100 miles in 10 minutes.
Established service.

I like both vehicles, but have been pretty disappointed in Rivian's delay for the Max Pack and removable roof. Because of the delays I will likely now be able to get feedback about initial reliability for both vehicles before I make any decisions.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
@azbill since you will be having at least two EVs, have you thought about what your home charging setup should be like? I guess it can't hurt to get a head start especially on wiring up all the necessary electricals.

·
Registered
204 Posts
@azbill since you will be having at least two EVs, have you thought about what your home charging setup should be like? I guess it can't hurt to get a head start especially on wiring up all the necessary electricals.
Actually, I could end up with 3 EVs since I currently have a Bolt. I have 2 EVSEs already, a ChargePoint Home Flex in my main garage, and an older Blink unit that I moved to my RV garage, I keep my boat in there and have room for two more vehicles in that garage. So I can charge 2 at a time without the need for load sharing, each is on a separate 50A breaker. I might end up dumping the old Blink unit, only 24A, and getting a second ChargePoint unit for the RV garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts