Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have selected Rivian Blue as my color of choice for my R1T. I have not seen this color or any other colors in person and I'm wondering which of these pictures represents the true Rivian Blue.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Water

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
I think they both are just very different lighting. The top picture is on a cloudy day while the bottom is nice and sunny.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm expecting it to look more like the sunny one. Not quite that bright, but the other photos is very dark.

Welcome to the forum BTW @dehmatrix ! If you haven't already, be sure to add yourself to the tracker here

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
Sure do love those black wheels with the 20” AT tires!

Reactions: Farhadfzr

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Welcome @dehmatrix! How did you spec your R1T?

As for those photos, I would say both are accurate.
Under the best natural lighting conditions, 2nd is definitely what you'd see. On gloomy days, the first is likely it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Earlier photos I saw had the charge port on the driver's side. Are they doing both sides? Or just 2 for pre-production/concept vehicles? The top photo here doesn't appear to have one on the passenger side.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
Earlier photos I saw had the charge port on the driver's side. Are they doing both sides? Or just 2 for pre-production/concept vehicles? The top photo here doesn't appear to have one on the passenger side.
It is my understanding they will have a charging port on both sides, but I could be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
Most of the more recent pics are showing charging port on the driver’s side. Yet another of the many mysteries that the lack of any real info from Rivian has us pondering!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The production model will be on the driver's side
Preproduction and prototype were on Passenger side

·
Registered
214 Posts
@mattman44 I have also seen it on the driver side on a number of R1T prototypes.
What would everyone here prefer?

There seems to be no standard industry approach.
Example:
There is no perfect solution I like that its on the American driver's side so you will see it as you get in the car plus in my Garages it will be tight so its best that it is on the side I have to get out of the passenger side will be very close to the wall

·
Registered
214 Posts
Most of the more recent pics are showing charging port on the driver’s side. Yet another of the many mysteries that the lack of any real info from Rivian has us pondering!
Not a mystery will be on American! drivers side they made this statement 2+ years ago they didn't explain why they started on the passenger side when I spoke to one of the engineers at the Overland show he explained that Rivian realized that many people will be in my situation the passenger side will be very close to the wall in there garage so access needs to be Drivers side

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
I like the dual ports that vw group has been doing. it offers such an ease of charging.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts