Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a camper/tent for my R1T and from the photos I've seen Rivian has used Tepui tents with the R1T.

Has anyone used Tepui tents before? Are they worth getting or is there another brand that's better for roof tents? On the flip side of that, what kind of campers do you think would be good for a R1T?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I personally haven't used them before but there are a lot of reviews of them on YouTube that your should check out. I've been in a couple of Yakima campers before and I had no complaints with them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is much more heavy duty compared to Yakima or Tepui tents but would anyone look at getting a Kimbo camper on their R1T?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
How Rivian spaced the roof mounts is something I haven't seen covered much. For everyone wondering, this is what you need to know, directly from Zab Steenwyk, Rivian's Industrial Designer that had a hand in deciding how things like this should be spec'd.

·
Registered
964 Posts
How Rivian spaced the roof mounts is something I haven't seen covered much. For everyone wondering, this is what you need to know, directly from Zab Steenwyk, Rivian's Industrial Designer that had a hand in deciding how things like this should be spec'd.

One of the important parts from that video is that the mounts/ports along the R1T's bed are spaced 36" apart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a camper/tent for my R1T and from the photos I've seen Rivian has used Tepui tents with the R1T.

Has anyone used Tepui tents before? Are they worth getting or is there another brand that's better for roof tents? On the flip side of that, what kind of campers do you think would be good for a R1T?
Rivian will be partnering with Yakima on their tent. Until we all get out R1T or R1S, its really hard to wll you what camper works well. There are a lot of variables that factor into that.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
One of the important parts from that video is that the mounts/ports along the R1T's bed are spaced 36" apart.
Yup. I hope the final specs of the roof rack configurations are where they need to be.
Great start so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts