Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
R1T LE
59 Posts
I had the same issue with my Rivian home charger. It would default to 42 amp after I ran 6 gauge wire to my panel with a 60 amp breaker and I adjusted the switches inside the charger for 60 amp. I put a ticket in with the service center and they remotely connected to my charger and fixed the issue. Now I’m getting 48 amp.

· Registered
10 Posts
Chargepoint can look at the charger and they tell me it's at 48/50 amps. This is one of the things people do not like about the Chargepoint Home Flex. You cannot set the amperage at home. You need to call chargepoint.

· Registered
10 Posts
onthebrake. you were right. i got one reset and it's working at 48A. I have two so i'm going to get the other one reset. But, honestly, i may just go get a clipper creek. i think there's a lot to be said for a "dumb" charger that is bombproof. the internet connectivity to make simple adjustments is a real PITA.

· Registered
R1T LE
59 Posts
onthebrake. you were right. i got one reset and it's working at 48A. I have two so i'm going to get the other one reset. But, honestly, i may just go get a clipper creek. i think there's a lot to be said for a "dumb" charger that is bombproof. the internet connectivity to make simple adjustments is a real PITA.
That’s great news ! Did Rivian log on and reset it for you ?

· Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue with my Rivian home charger. It would default to 42 amp after I ran 6 gauge wire to my panel with a 60 amp breaker and I adjusted the switches inside the charger for 60 amp. I put a ticket in with the service center and they remotely connected to my charger and fixed the issue. Now I’m getting 48 amp.
I had the a similar experience, where tech support remotely reset and now im getting the full 48amp

· Registered
10 Posts
Still, chargers that rely on wifi for proper function or adjusting are a PITA. You pay about $750 for the Chargepoint HomeFlex. However, if you need to change amperage because you relocate it or upgrade your wiring, then you have to go through Chargepoint to do that. If you want to resell it, then you and the new owner have to go through Chargepoint again. And if you have to drop a service ticket at Rivian to do the same thing, it's not much different. You own the charger, they don't. There's a lot to be said for "dumb" chargers. At our local RSC, the only charger I see is a Clipper Creek HCS-60.

· Registered
64 Posts
similar issue. Chargepoint Home Flex set to 48 A. Rivian switches to 42A. It's on a 60 A line.

Anyone have a solution or answer yet?
You should first make sure that your SOC is "down a little" so that the Rivian will actually accept a charge.
If it isn't, just raise the "Max charger level" in the Rivian (example: move it from 70%-85%). This is only temporary and you don't need to let it actually attain that level.
There are dip switches and/or a potentiometer in the Chargepoint.
There is a setting in the Charger section in the Rivian (not the app)
Set both of these to 48 amps
If it reverts to 42, do the following:
Unplug the charger from the Rivian
Reboot the Rivian (Left steering wheel button + Emergency Flasher--hold down until screens turn off, then release)
Turn off the breaker to the Chargepoint.
After the Rivian reboots, set the Rivian to 48 amps in the Charger section
Turn on the breaker to the Chargepoint
Plug the Chargepoint into the Rivian
See what happens. It may take 4 to 5 minutes to get to where it's going amp-wise.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts