Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wish Rivian wouldn't bother with that. It's a distraction to chase razor-thin margins on commodities. They should spend their precious IPO money on laser-focused car development and production, not this peripheral stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
let's try this....photo of blue R1T and the Teslas charging at a Rivian station
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

that was the 2nd R1T i spotted in the Valley earlier this week. the owner of this one was very nice. he showed us the inside and we chatted a bit.
I'm glad they are putting chargers in places where they consider their buyers will take their Rivians. California has pretty good charging network in the Metropolitan area and along major highways. but it is a bit lack of in the mtns or other smaller highways which most of us "adventure" type will take our SUV and trucks. All EV owners will appreciate this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
let's try this....photo of blue R1T and the Teslas charging at a Rivian station
View attachment 4723
View attachment 4724

that was the 2nd R1T i spotted in the Valley earlier this week. the owner of this one was very nice. he showed us the inside and we chatted a bit.
I'm glad they are putting chargers in places where they consider their buyers will take their Rivians. California has pretty good charging network in the Metropolitan area and along major highways. but it is a bit lack of in the mtns or other smaller highways which most of us "adventure" type will take our SUV and trucks. All EV owners will appreciate this.
Beautiful

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone took a great photo of one of the chargers at Yosemite.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/comments/uzwwe7
Nice!!

waterfalls is flowing and so are the electrons :)

I think along the western side of the Sierras there are more bigger towns/cities which has chargers available.

somebody needs to start installing more along the 395. The Eastern Sierras towns does not have too many chargers available.

LA to Mammoth is 300 miles and a little more. most of the EV will have issue with that. Even Bishop is far enough already...we need something at Lone Pine. Although Tesla has chargers along the way but also kind of sparse. I've talked Tesla owners that had to back track some distance due to a down station.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a couple others of the Yosemite Lodge chargers.
View attachment 8175
View attachment 8176
a lot of people have concern of the charging infrastructure not wide spread to support buying an EV.....I'd say by the time Rivian deliver my R1S, maybe everything has caught up :p

tho I wish I have my R1S now with the charging infrastructure concerns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts