Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Rivian hasn't fully released their plans for what their charging network is going to look like. But I figured I'd start this thread to keep track of the information as it comes out.

RJ Scaringe has said that Rivian is planning on rolling out a network of charging stations at key locations such as national parks, but he has also said that the R1T and R1S will use CCS standard charger so they can partner with other manufacturers. They haven't made any of those partnerships official yet but it seems likely they'll partner with Electrify America given their relationship with Ford.

He has also said that the R1S and R1T can fast DC charge at up to 160kW, giving approximately 200 miles of range in 30 mins.

Along with that Scaringe has mentioned in the past that Rivian will have vehicle-to-vehicle charging auxiliary battery packs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As long as VW keeps building out the Electrify America and Electrify Canada networks that use the CCS standard, there is not much need for Rivian's own charging network in my opinion. My area is now pretty well served by Electrify America, and any Rivian will be able to charge at those stations from day 1. Maybe Rivian can fill in some of the areas on the map that don't have anything planned yet. But if you live near a major metro area in North America, chances are Electrify America is already building DC fast charge stations near you. The pace of the rollout has been astonishing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts