Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my R1T for 6 months and have yet to locate a Rivian charge station in Central or Northern California. Does anyone know of any ? Tesla charge stations are popping up everywhere. It’d sure be nice to be able to get a rapid charge while on a trip. Phone calls to Rivian receive a response saying “our charging network is under construction.” Same answer for the past 6 months, but no locations ever provided.

· Registered
503 Posts
I’ve had my R1T for 6 months and have yet to locate a Rivian charge station in Central or Northern California. Does anyone know of any ? Tesla charge stations are popping up everywhere. It’d sure be nice to be able to get a rapid charge while on a trip. Phone calls to Rivian receive a response saying “our charging network is under construction.” Same answer for the past 6 months, but no locations ever provided.
Didxa quick google search and found this, they are building it out but will take some time. There are several other networks you can use while this is being built out….

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
137 Posts
Does Rivian give you free charging for a set period like Lucid & Genesis do?

I have 3 years free EA charging with my GV-60.

· Registered
283 Posts
The level 2 Rivian waypoint are free.. In Yosemite you gotta battle with other EV owners getting free charging on them
Wow, I did not realize they were for anyone to use. I wonder why they did that. The chances you'll ever get to use it will be slim with more and more EV's coming to market. or at least charge for non-Rivians

· Registered
71 Posts
Wow, I did not realize they were for anyone to use. I wonder why they did that. The chances you'll ever get to use it will be slim with more and more EV's coming to market. or at least charge for non-Rivians
Only the L2's are open to everybody right now. The L3s are only for Rivians at the moment, though they may open them up later.

· Registered
71 Posts
We drove up to Tahoe from SoCal couple of weeks ago and when we stopped to use the Supercharger (Tesla), we noticed that there was the Rivian RAN L3 chargers at Innyokern. It's located at the same parking lot as the Tesla chargers. I believe there were 5 or 6 stations.

· Registered
283 Posts
I just did a drive from San Diego to Gilbert, AZ. Made one stop for 30 min (ended up 40 min because girls did some shopping) and then got to the destination with 26% charge left.

The cool part of the charge was, even though we were out in the middle of Yuma, AZ where I didn't expect to see much, there were two Rivians (R1S and R1T) charging there. I figured they must have been on a drive together but it turns out they were employees testing out the vehicles in the sand dunes. We just chatted a bit and left to go grab food.

I know this is no news to anyone but the charge station was EA and as usual, there was 1 station down. This morning, I went to charge up since my relative's home isn't set up to charge. And at this location in Gilbert, 2 of the 4 stations (again EA) were down.

I don't get why so often non-Tesla charger stations are broken. I've been using supercharger stations since 2015, I only ran into broken stations a few times.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just finished a 3000 mile road trip from So Cal to Denver and back and had a few difficulties with chargers along the way, but nothing big. EA and ChargePoint are everywhere. I even got to use the RAN chargers in Salida, CO and Barstow, CA. There are also some in Bishop, Inyokern, and Ukiah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts