Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was driving on the west side of Downtown Chicago and stumbled across the new Rivian Service Center at Lake and Damen. Here is a photo of the parking lot.
Thanks for posting that info and pics. (Both pics appear to be the same.) I was wondering where the service center would be in the Chicagoland area. Lining up Google Maps street view with your picture, it appears to be the NW corner of Lake St and Damen. ... The Rivian showroom in Chicago is about 1.5 miles to the east of there located at 932 W. Randolph. They had been working on that multi-story building expansion for a while (at least since spring 2020), though I haven't been by that area since last fall. Wonder if it's finished or how long before it will be. It would be great if Rivian offered test drives from there. I've been away from this stuff for quite awhile so I have no idea of their progress or what they will offer out of that showroom besides viewing, sitting in and probably info sheets/pamphlets on the R1T and hopefully the R1S.

UPDATE: Just found a different thread and article, Car and Driver article from this past Dec 2021, that indicates there will be no Rivian showroom on Randolph (w/in Fulton Street Market):

"After pulling the plug on plans for a showroom in the Fulton Market District, electric vehicle maker Rivian is now poised to plant its flag just west of the trendy neighborhood. ... Rivian had a deal lined up in February to lease a building on Randolph Street in Fulton Market for a showroom, but the company never finalized the lease. Now it is instead setting up shop further west on a site next to where the city of Chicago is about to begin building a new CTA Green Line station at Damen and Lake. "

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member - not sure right place to ask - I'm looking to connect with someone in chicago who has already gotten their rivian. I'm supposed to get mine in may and having color anxiety. i chose forest green w/ forest edge. would love to see someone else's live and in person...

·
Registered
229 Posts
New member - not sure right place to ask - I'm looking to connect with someone in chicago who has already gotten their rivian. I'm supposed to get mine in may and having color anxiety. i chose forest green w/ forest edge. would love to see someone else's live and in person...
Are you able to stop by the Chicago Rivian Service Center? As the OG posted there are R1Ts in the parking lot. I can confirm as of this past weekend they are still in there, however, I saw a Launch Green but no Forest Green. Rivian was having the lot re-stripped as it looked to have been recently re-blacktopped so the R1Ts were lined up along the fence on the Damen side. Now you can get within a couple of feet of to check them out. Perhaps more will be staged here in the near future that will be Forest Green.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah i will stop by there. really want to see the interior as well just curious about the forest edge. My guide hasn't said anything about FE impacting timing but he also hasn't confirmed it yet...

·
Registered
92 Posts
FYI, not the best area to go hanging around looking thru fences!
HEY RIVIAN!
Have you guys ever thought about building your facilities in the WEST or SOUTH SUBURBS of Chicago. This would be where the MAJORITY of your market will be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts