Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I hope not. Looks entirely impractical. Maybe these drawing inspire someone? To me, they look like something a kid would draw. Cool if you’re they’re parent — but not practical as a “product” for the public.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
The design reminds me more of a cybertruck than a Rivian. I find very unlikely it will look something like that. But I agree a smaller SUV is coming.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I really hope they just make a Q5/Tiguan/X3 sized SUV out of the R1S. That would sell amazing in the 35-50k price range.
Why? Don't plenty of other manufacturers do that?

Rivian should stick with the "adventure" niche. I'm all for them making a smaller SUV, but make something like a 4-Runner/Xterra instead of a boring Tiguan.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Rivian should stick with the "adventure" niche. I'm all for them making a smaller SUV, but make something like a 4-Runner/Xterra instead of a boring Tiguan.
Great idea.
Some Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ influence can't hurt either. On that note, Jeep just got into that market (sort of) with the new Wrangler 4xe, a mild hybrid. And sometime this month they will reveal the all-electric Wrangler!

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
I must say I love the Xterra since my days watching Veronica Mars. Can't believe that show is already 15 years old😲

1 - 7 of 7 Posts