Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got access to the shop a week ago and selected an R1T that has a powered tonneau listed as an option. Has anyone else recently taken delivery with a power cover? My guide said it’s built but not yet ready for delivery.

· Registered
11 Posts
It is very possible that the Shop vehicle was a pre-order that was never purchased, and just before the cutoff where they stopped formally selling/supporting the powered tonneau. And in that case, it is also possible that, like mine, it will have some/most of the hardware installed, but without the slats. I found out when I was picking the truck up at the SC. <shrug>

But it does seem odd that it has been built and is still at the factory. I imagine there are cases where ordered vehicles are canceled, and they stay in Normal. I’d probe your Guide to find out for sure. What is the VIN?

Or … you could roll the dice and find out, which might be kind of fun if you don’t care too much about the tonneau. Good luck!

· Registered
15 Posts
So I got access to the shop a week ago and selected an R1T that has a powered tonneau listed as an option. Has anyone else recently taken delivery with a power cover? My guide said it’s built but not yet ready for delivery.
Yes, I got my R1t, Forest Green, 21" road wheels, about a month ago. Everything arrived as ordered, cross bars, tonneau, mats, spare tire, etc. Tonneau works perfectly, they just suggested a dry lube on the rails. On a side note- Very glad I opted for the spare tire. It is full sized and comes on the same wheel. I got my first flat in 40 years yesterday.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very possible that the Shop vehicle was a pre-order that was never purchased, and just before the cutoff where they stopped formally selling/supporting the powered tonneau. And in that case, it is also possible that, like mine, it will have some/most of the hardware installed, but without the slats. I found out when I was picking the truck up at the SC. <shrug>

But it does seem odd that it has been built and is still at the factory. I imagine there are cases where ordered vehicles are canceled, and they stay in Normal. I’d probe your Guide to find out for sure. What is the VIN?

Or … you could roll the dice and find out, which might be kind of fun if you don’t care too much about the tonneau. Good luck!

My vin is 133xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts