Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reached out to Rivian about the lighting for the R1T and they confirmed to me that their dynamic headlights will move and adjust when driving around curves and when making turns.

"I can share that they are dynamic LED headlamps so they will move in the direction of the vehicle to keep your path lit."

If anyone has had them in other vehicle it's a great feature to have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently reached out to Rivian about the lighting for the R1T and they confirmed to me that their dynamic headlights will move and adjust when driving around curves and when making turns.

"I can share that they are dynamic LED headlamps so they will move in the direction of the vehicle to keep your path lit."

Agreed—very happy to hear this. It is a great feature.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Someone that attended a Rivian was told by a representative that the dynamic headlights move vertically and horizontally. And that Lidar won't be included. But that was from mid-2020 and things might have changed since then.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nice to see that modern technology has caught up to 1948's Tucker Torpedo.
Yeah especially when BMW introduced this tech a decade ago.

I just hope other things we expect aren't missing. Can anyone think of anything else not mentioned yet?

·
Registered
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
8 Posts
Thank you! No, The Raptor is staying, wifey wants to keep it. Ha

Reactions: R99

·
Registered
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
8 Posts
Have you seen all the info around the upcoming 700hp Raptor R?
I have seen it, while it looks pretty badass. I love the 37” options and beefier suspension however, I think about the Rivian and technology and power that it has. I want to go all electric. I can say I already have the Raptor, maybe improve the suspension and stuff. We will see

Reactions: eHauler

·
Registered
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
8 Posts
I don't blame you or her for wanting to keep it, that V8 is glorious.
Thank you, I just hit 150K miles. Still running strong. Need to get new tires though. Thinking about 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

There she is in the wild. I love that blue and just torn between the Rivian blue or Limestone. I wish I could see them in before ordering.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you, I just hit 150K miles. Still running strong. Need to get new tires though. Thinking about 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. View attachment 1512
There she is in the wild. I love that blue and just torn between the Rivian blue or Limestone. I wish I could them in before ordering.
Are those 150K miles all from you? Matching Blue trucks would be pretty cool. Limeston looks good in the renderings but no one seems to have a grip on what it'll look like in person.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Raptor SVT
8 Posts
Are those 150K miles all from you? Matching Blue trucks would be pretty cool. Limeston looks good in the renderings but no one seems to have a grip on what it'll look like in person.
All me, I ordered my truck like in 2012, wife and I travel all the time, truck has been to Cali, AZ, Utah, Nevada. Mainly highway miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts

So does my 2017 Lincoln MKZh, I do like that feature. Neighbors probably think I'm drunk sometimes, cause I like to make them move left and right coming down the road. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have seen it, while it looks pretty badass. I love the 37” options and beefier suspension however, I think about the Rivian and technology and power that it has. I want to go all electric. I can say I already have the Raptor, maybe improve the suspension and stuff. We will see
Another thing too, Ford said the F-150 EV will be the most powerful F-150 yet! Yes, more powerful than the current Raptor. When the F-150 EV are finally here, it will be interesting to see what you have to say about it, coming from a Raptor.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So does my 2017 Lincoln MKZh, I do like that feature. Neighbors probably think I'm drunk sometimes, cause I like to make them move left and right coming down the road. :)
There have been times where I've seen someones lights move and it's completely thrown me off haha.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There have been times where I've seen someones lights move and it's completely thrown me off haha.
Try learning about it behind the wheel for the first time without knowing the feature exists.
Mind blown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts