Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
BMW M2 Competition, Ducati Multistrada V4S Sport/Full, (awaiting) Rivian R1T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I've had a Cybertruck on order for over two years, and there's no signs of them, the semi, or the roadster, et all. So the boss is hardly leading by example either! At least Rivian 'has' a truck, and has begun to deliver to more than just employees. The ramp-up will continue to be slower than we'd all like. But ultimately it has to be easier to deliver 50k R1T's than 1.25 million Cybertrucks? At least, that's what I keep telling myself! 😄

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey, I've had a Cybertruck on order for over two years, and there's no signs of them, the semi, or the roadster, et all. So the boss is hardly leading by example either! At least Rivian 'has' a truck, and has begun to deliver to more than just employees. The ramp-up will continue to be slower than we'd all like. But ultimately it has to be easier to deliver 50k R1T's than 1.25 million Cybertrucks? At least, that's what I keep telling myself! 😄
I am thinking that Rivian should be a little concerned with Ford’s capability to ramp to high volume at a much faster rate.

Rivian is 1st to market but Ford will be 1st to high volume production. It will have a negative impact on Rivian pre order conversions.

·
Registered
BMW M2 Competition, Ducati Multistrada V4S Sport/Full, (awaiting) Rivian R1T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Different buyers IMPO. Ford is aiming for commercial users, not that concerned with ultimate range, who want to tow and use the bed as a workshop and generator for all their power tools. Rivian is aiming for affluent outdoor adventurer types, eager to sling a waterproof rucksack and North Face Goretex jacket into the gear-tunnel, drive 150 miles, use the on-board air-compressor to impress their friends when airing down for the easy-as-pie rutted gravel road into the maintains, followed by a hike/bike ride/picnic and return on a single charge. Both great. Just different.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Different buyers IMPO. Ford is aiming for commercial users, not that concerned with ultimate range, who want to tow and use the bed as a workshop and generator for all their power tools. Rivian is aiming for affluent outdoor adventurer types, eager to sling a waterproof rucksack and North Face Goretex jacket into the gear-tunnel, drive 150 miles, use the on-board air-compressor to impress their friends when airing down for the easy-as-pie rutted gravel road into the maintains, followed by a hike/bike ride/picnic and return on a single charge. Both great. Just different.
I agree the Lightning and R1T are very different. My point is that there is a group of pre order holders whose priority is that it is an EV truck and delivery date.

I prefer the Rivian and will probably wait but I also need/want a EV truck sooner than later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.