Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE.
LOTS OF FIRST TIME, NEW POSTERS, WITH NO HISTORY

RED FLAG, RED FLAG, RED FLAG

THEY ARE SCAM LISTINGS OFFERED AT PRICES TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IN ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO SEND THEM UNSECURED MONEY.

IF THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT'S BECAUSE IT IS.

BE VERY, VERY, VERY CAUTIOUS IF PURCHASING FROM ANY "SELLERS" ON THIS SITE.

SITE APPARENTLY HAS A VERY MINIMAL VERIFICATION POLICY TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO POST THINGS FOR SALE.

DON'T USE ZELLE OR ANY OTHER MONEY PAY SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T OFFER SOME TYPE OF RECOURSE IF THE SELLER DOESN'T DELIVER.

·
Registered
352 Posts
NOTE: Google search of phone number and e-mail reveals no history or business. Just beware. That's all. If it's legit, great. But, several have been scammed on this site by first time posters. Read the above post and if any of the signs are there, be smart.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You went further than I did, I just clicked on the profile and that's where the google map pin is. Although you street view shows 9499. Neither one is an auto shop.
Yeah, just a sore subject for me. These guys have popped up over the last few weeks and ripped off several forum members already. The site itself made some changes regarding posting classifieds, but as noted above, this one found a way around it and posted outside of the classifieds. I'm one that just can't stand these kind of low-life thieves. See what's happened in the past couple of weeks, it's been my temporary mission to check the listings and post the warnings, when warranted. For those that are legit, they'll easily prove it. For those that aren't, hopefully mine, and other's, warnings will prevent anyone else from getting scammed by these low-life's.

This thread had all the same warning signs / red flags of the other scam listings.

First day posters
No history
Prices lower than usual
Are the first red flags.

Feel free to contact them to see if they're legit. If they are, they'll prove it. Don't pay them from sources that offer no recourse. Ask for photos to prove it's a photo taken today. Sorry for the legit sellers, but these scumbags ruin it for everyone.

On our side, we're excited to have our trucks and the amounts are generally relatively small, so it's easy to be complacent and not give it much thought. Hoping to slow down some these thieves and possibly save a few of our own family members on this forum from their scams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts