Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through photos of the R1S and R1T and one thing that I noticed about the interior is the way Rivian designed the cup holders. I'd rather have a fixed cup holder design rather than ones that pop out. The last thing I want is drinks spilling because the design is flimsy. Also, it seems really low compared to the rest of the center console. I may be the only one that thinks about this but it is kind of important lol. Has anyone sat in a Rivian and noticed this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure the pop out cup holder is a good design. I've seen where they can be flimsy but from what we know about Rivian, they do seem to sweat the little details and its an adventure, rugged, outdoorsy vehicle so you'd think they made it rugged. That being said, I'd prefer fixed cup holders for the reason that it holds liquids and liquids tend to spill (especially off-roading I would think_ and when you have an "open" design like they have, that liquids going to end up on the floor, not great. And I'd imagine liquid could end up back inside the center console if the cup holder is dirty/wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts