Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a fun Inside EVs article about folks spotting the Rivian vans out in the world. The embedded Twitter video shows the size from inside what I think is a Model S (it could be a X, but that would make the Rivian's size even more imposing!).

Has anybody here seen one? This one isn't wearing any kind of livery, suggesting it's a test vehicle, but I know there are some Amazon vans out there already.

Automotive parking light Sky Land vehicle Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
839 Posts
Here's a fun Inside EVs article about folks spotting the Rivian vans out in the world. The embedded Twitter video shows the size from inside what I think is a Model S (it could be a X, but that would make the Rivian's size even more imposing!).

Has anybody here seen one? This one isn't wearing any kind of livery, suggesting it's a test vehicle, but I know there are some Amazon vans out there already.

View attachment 4220

Haven't had the chance to see one either. But I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Btw is that EVgo station already rusting? It looks like it's seen better days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't seen them in person yet but they sure seem huge in videos like this. I hope that versions we can buy will have a roof just as high, would be ideal for camper builds.
Amazon has the rights to every Rivian van for the next couple of years, then will have the right of refusal of any van built during the following year. So IF Rivian builds more vans that Amazon wants to purchase, you could get one that year. But IF Amazon wants to buy every van, they can.

With $5 gas in California, I think that Amazon will be moving to the electric vans as soon as possible. And I have a feeling that Rivian will not keep up with Amazon demand, and Amazon will be buying the E-Transit, as well as cargo vans in heavier class such as the 14,000 GVWR GMC vans.

When steam trains started to go electric, the savings where right there from day 1. Between 1950 and 1960, nearly all steam trains where retired in favor of diesel electric trains. They cost more per mile in fuel, but did not require as many fuel stations, could go more than 8 hours between spending time in a station getting serviced and the flue box being cleaned out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts