Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I really don't want to think about a delay in vehicle delivery, I'm wondering how the world's current situation is going to impact an initial late 2020/early 2021 delivery? I'm not sure how many parts (if any) will be sourced from other parts of the world, but I would have to assume final assembly would take a hit.

On another note- how will current economic conditions affect the company as well as reservation holders? I personally think in a few months the market will rebound with a vengeance, but only time will tell.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I asked rivian this morning the same and they responded that everything is on schedule as of now. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
352 Posts
If they were being manufactured in Europe It would definitely be delayed since companies like Volkswagen are suspending European production.

We'll have to wait and see what the American car companies like Ford do. That will be a good gauge for what happens to Rivian.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked rivian this morning the same and they responded that everything is on schedule as of now. Fingers crossed
That's great news!

They currently don't have manufacturing running, so I suspect it won't impact them too much.

Heck, Tesla hasn't stopped production and they're in a very risky CV19 space in California.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see how they can't be impacted. This is a very dynamic and fluid atmosphere we're in right now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rivian's success, but watching multi-billion dollar legacy companies shed 50% of their operating force is not comforting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't see how they can't be impacted. This is a very dynamic and fluid atmosphere we're in right now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rivian's success, but watching multi-billion dollar legacy companies shed 50% of their operating force is not comforting.
My concern for Rivian is because they have that partnership with Ford and Lincoln now. But you're right things are very fluid right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts