Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
211 Posts
Check this video at the 2:50 mark. Handheld and you remove by pressing like a button.

Stupid question here - but is the door flashlight removable and handheld? Not much of a judge here, but it looks tough to try to extract it out of the door. I just thought it was a roadside light (kinda like a puddle light). But if it is removable, that would be BETTER than sliced bread!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
Yes it is removable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is removable and handheld. Appears to be contained by a spring-loaded charging chamber from the video where it is removed then "popped" back into its locking position

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome! One more reason why I love this vehicle! However, anyone notice in the video that the recharging door was on the passenger's side front fender rather than on the driver's side front fender?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Awesome! One more reason why I love this vehicle! However, anyone notice in the video that the recharging door was on the passenger's side front fender rather than on the driver's side front fender?
That's been discussed quite extensively in other threads. The charging port WAS on the passenger side during development. It has been moved to the driver side, however.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since we are asking questions. Does anyone know if they're keeping the front light bar as a charging indicator? Like in this picture.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Since we are asking questions. Does anyone know if they're keeping the front light bar as a charging indicator? Like in this picture.

View attachment 2187
Someone claimed CS told them it was configurable and still part of the product... Take that with a grain of salt, as CS has been inconsistent, at times, and until Rivian confirms it, officially, it's all subject to change, anyway.

We have seen an LED ring around the charge port, as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is what I got from CS on different topics:
  • [CS] Yes, the light bar on the front of the vehicle indicates charge status. It is pretty cool!
  • [CS] We will be available to help with the process of installing a the Wall Charger. Your Rivian Guide can help with everything — from finding the right spot for your charger to securing an electrician!!
    • [me] That is great to hear. So I will hire someone, but my guide will help me in the process. Is that it?
    [CS] Correct!
  • [CS] The Launch Edition R1S is still on track to start deliveries in August!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts