Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else noticed the discrepancies on the Rivian website regarding Driver+.

A few notes. Depending on where you look Rivian lists either 10 or 11 cameras. I’m assuming the 11th camera is the interior camera.

Additionally, it appears they have changed their forward facing camera array in the windshield. All of the original photographs and older prototypes have dual windows above the rear view mirror in the windshield. Similar to what BMW was doing in the last model of 5 series, X3, etc. From the photos of the near production models being driven around it appears they have reduced this to a single camera window.

Also on the interior, I noticed there is now a camera facing the driver mounted in the ceiling above the rear view mirror. I’m wondering if this is for safety purposes while using the Driver+ feature.

Although, I must say it gives me pause as far as privacy concerns. Not thrilled with Alexa audio + camera inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You've pretty much answered your own question by posting this pictures. 11 Cameras (10 exterior and 1 interior "monitoring driver alertness ...for an extra layer of safety."

·
Registered
84 Posts
The interior camera is not there to invade your privacy. It is there to protect ME (the guy in the other car or walking). It is there to make sure the human is at least sort of paying attention instead of sleeping. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
The interior camera is not there to invade your privacy. It is there to protect ME (the guy in the other car or walking). It is there to make sure the human is at least sort of paying attention instead of sleeping. :)
Improvements to safety here far outweigh any privacy concerns. Plus they have to compete with Tesla and the rest of the industry that offer similar tech. I would be interesting to see if any of them address privacy and include advice/measures to take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts