Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hopefully this will satisfy everyone who has been clamoring for details and freaking out about what they don't know or do think. Cannot wait until Rivian gets all the rest of the details out so we can all spend more time talking about what is than the fears everyone has regarding what might not be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully this will satisfy everyone who has been clamoring for details and freaking out about what they don't know or do think. Cannot wait until Rivian gets all the rest of the details out so we can all spend more time talking about what is than the fears everyone has regarding what might not be.
slowly but surely, details are being dropped. We all have to see the actual execution. Everything looks good on paper so far....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The whole report an issue part is great. Its not something I see other automakers doing.

Report an issue, review your vehicle repair plan and track progress anytime through your Rivian app.
https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-service#section-2733975
You will have a 24/7 direct line to our Service Team available through your vehicle or Rivian app. Our Service Team members have extensive training on our vehicles and are empowered to solve problems.

More comprehensive details on Rivian Service will be provided when you take delivery. Until then, for any questions about our service or warranty programs, please visit rivian.com/support for online help and to reach us by chat, phone or email. We are available Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 8 PM CST.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The whole report an issue part is great. Its not something I see other automakers doing.

Report an issue, review your vehicle repair plan and track progress anytime through your Rivian app.
Rivian Service - Rivian Stories
You will have a 24/7 direct line to our Service Team available through your vehicle or Rivian app. Our Service Team members have extensive training on our vehicles and are empowered to solve problems.

More comprehensive details on Rivian Service will be provided when you take delivery. Until then, for any questions about our service or warranty programs, please visit rivian.com/support for online help and to reach us by chat, phone or email. We are available Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 8 PM CST.
Volvo let’s you report problems and schedule service in their app. I thought that had become standard in the industry?

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
I see your point but I think the issue is that I am visualizing something different than you and we most get more details before knowing whether the service center locations are relevant or not.

I am expecting the price to be uniform across locations so no one is penalized for living far from a service center due to towing costs. I also assume no one will be driving my car 2 or 3 hundred miles to be serviced. Specially because those miles will be coming from my warranty.

Those are questions to ask once we are assigned our guide!

PS: I am also betting that the service centers will be everywhere because they will be serving the Amazon electric vans. But that is just a conjecture at this point.

Not if the closest service center is 100s of miles away. I don’t want those miles out on the car.
And if I get hit, the cost of towing to another city could be LARGE.
Hard to see how this isn’t relevant.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Not if the closest service center is 100s of miles away. I don’t want those miles out on the car.
And if I get hit, the cost of towing to another city could be LARGE.
Hard to see how this isn’t relevant.
My understanding is they would flat-bed-tow your vehicle.

And if you need body work you go to a local body shop that has access to Rivian parts and repair info — not the Rivian service center.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
@Szimmer624 this post from another thread answered the questions. No additional cost to transport the car.
Some responses I got from a Rivian rep recently:

"We'll be utilizing mobile service whenever an over-the-air software update isn't enough. Bringing service to your home or workplace at your convenience. If more extensive work is needed we'll provide transportation of the vehicle to and from a service center or third party partnership at no additional cost to you"

"Our Quad-Motor system is less susceptible to wear and tear as there aren't hundreds of moving parts. Using regenerative braking, you'll slow a vehicle without applying the brakes so fewer brake changes"

Not new info but they are points I hope Rivian expands on soon in some public way to help further set our expectations.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I see your point but I think the issue is that I am visualizing something different than you and we most get more details before knowing whether the service center locations are relevant or not.

I am expecting the price to be uniform across locations so no one is penalized for living far from a service center due to towing costs. I also assume no one will be driving my car 2 or 3 hundred miles to be serviced. Specially because those miles will be coming from my warranty.

Those are questions to ask once we are assigned our guide!

PS: I am also betting that the service centers will be everywhere because they will be serving the Amazon electric vans. But that is just a conjecture at this point.
Fingers crossed! Same hopeful assumptions I have...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Volvo let’s you report problems and schedule service in their app. I thought that had become standard in the industry?
So does GM, and all the vehicle diagnostics get sent to the mothership via OnStar. this is nothing new. I have actually received emails telling me I have a flat tire.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've got a 2018 Range Rover that doesn't do this, so I'd still say this is a relatively new thing to the industry. Though this being an internet forum, I'm sure we'll spend more time quibbling over the definition of 'new'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So does GM, and all the vehicle diagnostics get sent to the mothership via OnStar. this is nothing new. I have actually received emails telling me I have a flat tire.
I think the "new" aspect is more advanced 2 way communication between vehicle and Rivian Mothership. That and the we come to you for the service or transport of your Rivian makes for a much different customer experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the "new" aspect is more advanced 2 way communication between vehicle and Rivian Mothership. That and the we come to you for the service or transport of your Rivian makes for a much different customer experience.
Yeah. Since Rivian is executing this basically after Tesla's process it will be superior. OnStar is by subscription and very costly, and often involves chatting with operators if you ever actually need any service. What Rivian seems like it will do will be a far superior customer service that I guess will be just a free part of ownership! My question is, what will GM/Onstar and others do in response to Tesla and Rivian's system? If it turns out to be more economical these other traditional auto-manufacturers may have a dilemma of how to adapt their legacy system of dealerships and service centers. Cadillac is maybe a little more forward thinking in that they already asked their global dealerships to plan on adapting to an all EV Cadillac fleet or take a buyout and leave the franchise.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts