Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to a question on Twitter about European availability, Rivian said "We're planning to bring Rivian to our European community starting in 2022!" As for a more exact timeline, does anyone know what to expect? Any European members here that reached out to Rivian about this and discovered interesting info?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The adventure in Europe will be navigating the ridiculously narrow city streets in an American-sized vehicle. We spent a week or so driving around Italy in 2019 and although I was initially unhappy that the rental car was smaller that what I ordered online (they gave me credit for the difference) I was pretty happy it wasn't an inch or two wider on several occasions. There were some hairy moments in Palermo where I was praying that I'd make it through unscathed.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adventure in Europe will be navigating the ridiculously narrow city streets in an American-sized vehicle. We spent a week or so driving around Italy in 2019 and although I was initially unhappy that the rental car was smaller that what I ordered online (they gave me credit for the difference) I was pretty happy it wasn't an inch or two wider on several occasions. There were some hairy moments in Palermo where I was praying that I'd make it through unscathed.
Seeing it being tested alongside typical American pickups did help to gauge how this is possible. Have you seen the photos and videos?

·
Registered
3 Posts
As soon as it will be possible, I will buy a R1S in Switzerland. BTW: We also have narrow roads, you just have to be able to drive ;-)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As soon as it will be possible, I will buy a R1S in Switzerland. BTW: We also have narrow roads, you just have to be able to drive ;-)
Welcome! What R1S spec would you get?
With rear wheel steer the R1S and R1T should be easier to navigate through those narrow roads.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Have you owned other SUVs that are similar or bigger than the R1S?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello back! I often travel in nature (also as a hunter in the mountains) and camp with a James Baroud xxl roof tent. But I also want a comfortable car. I currently drive a Touareg and a fast Benz. Until I saw the Rivian, my new one was going to be a Range Rover.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello back! I often travel in nature (also as a hunter in the mountains) and camp with a James Baroud xxl roof tent. But I also want a comfortable car. I currently drive a Touareg and a fast Benz. Until I saw the Rivian, my new one was going to be a Range Rover.
Are you looking into any other vehicles? When are you aiming to get a new SUV? Also, what is the charging infrastructure like where you live? Enough Level 2 and Level 3 chargers around?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i hope that the RIVIAN will be available in Switzerland by the end of 2022. Range Rover will not bring a comparable electric SUV to the market, just like VW. The charging infrastructure is not that bad here, it is also much more small scale than you have in the US. I can charge with a capacity of 11 kW at my office, and 22 kW at my home. I will probably charge at these locations 95% of the time

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jaguar is planning to be fully electric by 2025 and LR is releasing full electric models starting in 2024 (they are both owned by Tata):

It's a ways off, but they will have 'comparable' electric SUVs before too long. I wouldn't be surprised if the current EV acceleration moves some of those timelines forward a year or two. They already have PHEVs so they're part of the way there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts