Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though production hasn't started yet Rivian is looking to the future by filing trademark applications with the EUIPO for "R1V" and "R2X".

According to the filings the trademarks are for areas such as "Land vehicles and parts and fittings therefor, namely, structural parts and powertrain components in the nature of electric motors, gearboxes and axles; motor vehicle bodies". Which makes sense since the R1V is likely going to be the name for the Amazon Delivery Van.

But what makes it even more interesting is that they also mention "all terrain vehicles (ATVs)" and "bicycles". Maybe we'll get an ATV that can fit in the back of the R1T?!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rivian should come out with an electric Minivan to rival the electric Chrysler Pacifica.
That would be an interesting move for them. I don't know if the minivan is big enough for it to be worth their while though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It hit me that maybe the R1V isn't for some boring Amazon deliver van, but maybe for an awesome expedition van. Kind of like this

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It hit me that maybe the R1V isn't for some boring Amazon deliver van, but maybe for an awesome expedition van. Kind of like this

View attachment 570
I wouldn't expect it to be a high volume vehicle but I think it would be cool if they did that. They could easily modify the delivery van.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts