Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Rivian floor mats the other day. For one, they have the yellow logo they said they wouldn’t have due to supply chain, and two - they have a terrible smell. I was excited to put them in but they literally brought tears to my eyes with the windows up. So I’ve had them in my driveway now for 4 days and they still have this gross plastic smell. Anyone else?
Rectangle Road surface Grey Asphalt Flooring

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the S. I’m talking with my guide about them shipping a replacement.

I actually kinda like the mats it came with better for up front - and don’t really need all-weather as I live in atlanta. I want to keep the rear two rows because of kids and will wait out the off gassing or replacement.

Anyone want just the front ones?

· Registered
7 Posts
So I got my Rivian floor mats the other day. For one, they have the yellow logo they said they wouldn’t have due to supply chain, and two - they have a terrible smell. I was excited to put them in but they literally brought tears to my eyes with the windows up. So I’ve had them in my driveway now for 4 days and they still have this gross plastic smell. Anyone else? View attachment 8501
I have an R1S and received my all-weather mats that do have the yellow logos. There is definitely a really bad off-guessing smell. I have an infant, and I am actually worried about long drives in the car with the windows up. Has anyone waited out the off-gassing period to know how long it takes?

· Registered
2 Posts
So I got my Rivian floor mats the other day. For one, they have the yellow logo they said they wouldn’t have due to supply chain, and two - they have a terrible smell. I was excited to put them in but they literally brought tears to my eyes with the windows up. So I’ve had them in my driveway now for 4 days and they still have this gross plastic smell. Anyone else? View attachment 8501

· Registered
2 Posts
If you leave in sun all day they will smell and be ruined

· Registered
351 Posts
Many years ago when setting up a home gym I used a solution of white vinegar and water to reduce the rubber smell from the barn stall mats that make up the gym floor. This may work here too...

You will need: a clean cloth, 1 cup (240ml) white vinegar and dish soap. Fill your sink or a tub with warm soapy water and add the white vinegar. Submerge your mat(s) in the water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. Leave them outside to dry, preferably in the sunlight for at least 3 hours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts