Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello - I have noticed on some Rivian videos and in R1T and R1S images that the front wheel well splash guard has a large opening which can cause debris, pebbles, etc from the tires hit the bottom of the front door and surrounding areas.I was told by Rivian that this opening is for ventilation and airflow but have not been able to get further details.

If you watch this 2020 Rivian video and fast forward to 1 minute 25 seconds, you will see a “screen" in this opening area. Here is the video:

If you look in the attached photo I found of a R1T, I placed a red arrow showing there is no visible screen in this area. If there is a wide opening with no protective screen, I am confident the painted area around the door will get rock chips causing the paint to deteriorate. I have dealt with this topic in the past with other manufacturers and they have had solutions. Since I plan to purchase the R1S when it is ready, I would like to have a bit more information on what the final solution is. I have watched videos of the R1T and notice that this area does get a lot of debris/splatter from the front wheels. Does anyone know more about this or have an idea what the final design will be for the R1S?:unsure:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello - I have noticed on some Rivian videos and in R1T and R1S images that the front wheel well splash guard has a large opening which can cause debris, pebbles, etc from the tires hit the bottom of the front door and surrounding areas.I was told by Rivian that this opening is for ventilation and airflow but have not been able to get further details.

If you watch this 2020 Rivian video and fast forward to 1 minute 25 seconds, you will see a “screen" in this opening area. Here is the video:
It's to clear the trapped air in the wheel well. While the downside is this splash through the opening, one can easily block this area is so desired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts