Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the base price is 78k with dual and standard pack.... Looks like I'm out. I need the long range, 260 standard won't do it, that'll give me like 220 real world driving. Not paying 82k for the long range model without the tax credit, Just to be a beta tester for Rivian...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to change to the Adventure package with white paint and large 320 mile battery pack and quad motors and it was $75k. So mine is priced to get the 10% (as it works out) tax credit.

Seems like you could reconfigure to get under the $80k.
You got the pre March pricing that's why. Your same configuration right now is 92k. . It is what it is. I reserved late. can't time these things. With the current reservation model you price is not locked, they can raise price again ,I would either have to accept or cancel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Now the base price is 78k with dual and standard pack.... Looks like I'm out. I need the long range, 260 standard won't do it, that'll give me like 220 real world driving. Not paying 82k for the long range model without the tax credit, Just to be a beta tester for Rivian...
Everybody close your eyes...Wangs out! You could be patient and wait to see how things shake out down the pike...Wang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
This post is now showing up online as evidence of reservation holders cancelling their orders, and they even used "I'm out" as the section header!

That's hilarious. They found that post pretty quick to use it in an article. Now I finally get why some people have those disclaimers in their signature that nothing they post can be used without their consent. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I never said I'm canceling, of course I'm gonna hold my reservation to the end. But price rarely drops.
yes you did say you were cancelling. Unless "Im out" means something different now.

I never said I'm canceling, of course I'm gonna hold my reservation to the end. But price rarely drops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
You got the pre March pricing that's why. Your same configuration right now is 92k.
I couldn't do $94k with the rebate much less without. I thought you were referencing the first 75,000 on the original pricing.

I'm skeptical of Rivian's claim that very few orders were of the Explore model. Tesla did something similar on early Model 3's, they were only shipping top end models in order to max profits early. Not sure what the extra $5k gets me vs the Explore model since that doesn't exist to look at anymore. But it didn't put me over the EV tax credit threshold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I couldn't do $94k with the rebate much less without. I thought you were referencing the first 75,000 on the original pricing.

I'm skeptical of Rivian's claim that very few orders were of the Explore model. Tesla did something similar on early Model 3's, they were only shipping top end models in order to max profits early. Not sure what the extra $5k gets me vs the Explore model since that doesn't exist to look at anymore. But it didn't put me over the EV tax credit threshold.
Depending on which Rivian you had reserved, granted we have ever seen any Explores delivered so the list may not be accurate:

R1T Explore vs Adventure:
Front Bumper Tow Hooks included
Powered Tonneau Cover
Rivian Elevation 360 Audio (Upgraded)
Upgraded Vegan Leather Seats
Ventilated Seats
Passenger Lumbar Adjustment
Compass Yellow Interior Accents
Upgraded Headliner to Microfiber
Chilewich Floor mats vs Recycled Textile Floor Mats
Gear Guard with locking cables
Wood vs Matte black finishes

R1S Explore vs Adventure:
Front Bumper Tow Hooks included
Rivian Elevation 360 Audio (Upgraded)
Upgraded Vegan Leather Seats
Ventilated Seats
Passenger Lumbar Adjustment
Compass Yellow Interior Accents
Upgraded Headliner to Microfiber
Chilewich Floor mats vs Recycled Textile Floor Mats
Wood vs Matte black finishes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I made a reservation and made a “binding” agreement for the $72500 R1S that was my intention to get the explore. I am frustrated to have to purchase the higher trim, is there any recourse. I don’t want to lose my $100. I was planning the purchase of an explore R1S in good faith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
I made a reservation and made a “binding” agreement for the $72500 R1S that was my intention to get the explore. I am frustrated to have to purchase the higher trim, is there any recourse. I don’t want to lose my $100. I was planning the purchase of an explore R1S in good faith.
I'd contact CS and ask. Though the PBA states that price of the vehicle can change, it also is agreement for the sale of a specific model, which I assume is the Explore in your case. If the Explore is no longer available, I would think that it is Rivian defaulting on the agreement, and in that case, you should not have to forfeit the non-refundable portion of your deposit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I've had my R1T for about 2 months now approx. 3500 miles on it. All I have to say is keep your reservation and get the vehicle even if you have to go to the upgraded model. You won't be disappointed, but if you are, you can get your money back plus some..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Thank you everyone. I hope Rivian will just upgrade those who signed up and made binding agreements for the R1S or R1T with the explore and when the binding agreement was done. I think that would be fair since after signing I even called Rivian and they said no price increases. Also when I placed my reservation did not let me choose configuration that is why it is frustrating.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top