Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have been assigned a Rivian Guide, I'm curious what type of responsiveness you get from your guide. I've noticed that my guide takes a long time to respond even with multiple emails. Rivian really advertises them as being highly engaged and it seems like most of the feedback I've read has been really good. Is it just my guide?

I am an R1S preorder holder that was given a April/May delivery estimate. I was contacted by my guide 2nd week of May. I was told that my estimate at the time was end of May. I signed my initial purchase agreement a week later. Since then I've really had little communications. I of course have been under the assumption that R1S (Mar/Apr) & (Apr/May) would be getting new estimate emails issued any day now just based on the little movement we've seen around R1S deliveries. I emailed at the beginning of May and got a response about a week later with the knowledge that they are only going to deliver R1Ss to employees initially but that I may still be one of the first non-employee that will take place during the end of May. Since I still haven't heard anything more and we are reaching the end of May I sent emails again last week asking if there are any types of updates yet. I didn't hear back on the first email. About a day later I became curious if the removeable hard top had any updates and again emailed. As we get later in the year and closer to the removable roof, should I consider just waiting now and possibly get the removable roof? Since I didn't hear back again on that email, I emailed my guide again yesterday to check on my previous two emails and still no response.

I'm just curious of what other preorder experience has been like with their guides.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently I just had to post on here to get a response. I'm still curious what everyone else experiences have been. I'm really not upset about response times. I realize the guides probably don't have a lot of information and/or can't yet share what they do know. I purposely didn't provide name nor do I want anyone else to do that. I don't like shooting the messengers. However, I'm one of those who is okay with that simple answer. "No updates to share yet.". I wouldn't mind a little more communication.

The updates I got were:
Currently no update on detachable roof configuration for R1S.
R1S new estimated dates notification is currently in the works and being reviewed to be sent out soon.
No you can't purchase the wall charger in advance in order to go ahead and have it installed early. (Permitting around here is heavily delayed, so I was trying to get that process started.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve had mine for 6 weeks and only emailed three times in the whole period. So it’s not like I’m annoying or wearing them out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Guide calls me in the middle of my work day with no notice. Since I am working, I can't answer phone. Leave voice mail for him and do not get answer. Send email and get no reply.
The last time, I had to CC Customer Service on the email just to get him to reply.

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
I had my Intro call on Monday 5/16. Sent her an email with 2 questions on Thursday 5/19 and got an OOO reply stating she'd be in on Friday. Mid Friday afternoon I sent a follow up email and got the same OOO stating she'd be back on Friday 5/20. I though maybe she was ill or had a family issue. I waited thru Monday and no reply. I texted early Tuesday ... no reply yet (Wednesday 5/25 as I type this).

Heard from my Guide this AM. She was on PTO the latter part of last week and Monday and it took her all day yesterday and this morning to get caught up on her messages. She's answered all of the questions I had sent her. (y)

pat----

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those of you that have been assigned a Rivian Guide, I'm curious what type of responsiveness you get from your guide. I've noticed that my guide takes a long time to respond even with multiple emails. Rivian really advertises them as being highly engaged and it seems like most of the feedback I've read has been really good. Is it just my guide?

I am an R1S preorder holder that was given a April/May delivery estimate. I was contacted by my guide 2nd week of May. I was told that my estimate at the time was end of May. I signed my initial purchase agreement a week later. Since then I've really had little communications. I of course have been under the assumption that R1S (Mar/Apr) & (Apr/May) would be getting new estimate emails issued any day now just based on the little movement we've seen around R1S deliveries. I emailed at the beginning of May and got a response about a week later with the knowledge that they are only going to deliver R1Ss to employees initially but that I may still be one of the first non-employee that will take place during the end of May. Since I still haven't heard anything more and we are reaching the end of May I sent emails again last week asking if there are any types of updates yet. I didn't hear back on the first email. About a day later I became curious if the removeable hard top had any updates and again emailed. As we get later in the year and closer to the removable roof, should I consider just waiting now and possibly get the removable roof? Since I didn't hear back again on that email, I emailed my guide again yesterday to check on my previous two emails and still no response.

I'm just curious of what other preorder experience has been like with their guides.
My guide (Jen) was nothing short of incredible! I communicated with her almost exclusively through text message and there was rarely a time that I texted her through the ordering process that she didn’t respond within 5 minutes. I received my R1T yesterday as promised and I absolutely love my truck! Exceeds what we’re already high expectations!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My guide (Jen) was nothing short of incredible! I communicated with her almost exclusively through text message and there was rarely a time that I texted her through the ordering process that she didn’t respond within 5 minutes. I received my R1T yesterday as promised and I absolutely love my truck! Exceeds what we’re already high expectations!
I want Jen !!! My guide is a non - existant and has not helped except the first time. The R1T is fully paid for and I am stuck on uploads (will not let me continue to sched delivery, even though up loads were sent to the guides email) and the guide has not responded to emails for almost a month. Also, the guide has not met the reserved time call that was confirmed onSept 7th . What happened to the 24 hour get-back-in-touch rule. This truck better be the best ever in order to cover the amount of guide-guano that I have endured.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've on my 2nd guide since April. First one was quite patient with me and slowly required less interaction. Received notices when they'd be away with alternative vectors of support. Not really seen the same level from my 2nd guide (2 months). Currently dealing with my R1T being bricked; I asked the remote assistance if my guide is notified when my truck is throwing system faults, rebooting, or breaking (it's currently dead); his response is no sir. Seems like a good opportunity to improve on that relationship.

·
Registered
571 Posts
s we get later in the year and closer to the removable roof, should I consider just waiting now and possibly get the removable roof?
Removable roof? That was announced more than a year ago as a future option, but I haven't heard anything about it since. IMO it's HIGHLY unlikely that they will offer this in 2022 - some of the add-ons that have always been available, like the Camp Kitchen, Gear Tunnel Shuttle, Roof Top Tent, Max Pack (R1T) etc. haven't even shipped yet, and I don't think they will be shipping or even offering for sale any brand-new options until they have dealt with their existing backlog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts