Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a chat session with Rivian CS yesterday, the rep wrote that there was great news, told me that I'd been assigned a guide and provided a contact email. I contacted my guide, who responded promptly.

During our conversation, the guide stated that he (my assumption based on his name) did not see a delivery window in my file. I was a bit puzzled by that, and asked if that was truly the case, why was I assigned guide? I also pointed out that I got an email in December with a 1H2023 window, and had reconfirmed with CS not long ago that there was no change to that.

After further checking, the guide told me that the delivery window probably changed, and that the new window would be much more specific than simply half a year. Of course, my next question was whether that meant my new window would be in the first six months of 2023, or the last. The response was that unfortunately, there was no way to tell at present. I then asked when I should expect to find out what my new delivery window was, to which the response was "we hope to get back to you in the near future" on that question.

While it's great to be assigned a guide, particularly as my reservation dates only to May of 2020, so I'm nowhere near the front of the line, there doesn't seem to be much benefit. My guide seems quite nice, and is certainly responsive. That's great, but if there's no new information that can be provided, what's the point?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I don't understand how/when people get guides. Logically, I would think they should only be assigned as a reservation delivery window approaches... But we've seen that isn't the case.

·
Registered
165 Posts
During a chat session with Rivian CS yesterday, the rep wrote that there was great news, told me that I'd been assigned a guide and provided a contact email. I contacted my guide, who responded promptly.

During our conversation, the guide stated that he (my assumption based on his name) did not see a delivery window in my file. I was a bit puzzled by that, and asked if that was truly the case, why was I assigned guide? I also pointed out that I got an email in December with a 1H2023 window, and had reconfirmed with CS not long ago that there was no change to that.

After further checking, the guide told me that the delivery window probably changed, and that the new window would be much more specific than simply half a year. Of course, my next question was whether that meant my new window would be in the first six months of 2023, or the last. The response was that unfortunately, there was no way to tell at present. I then asked when I should expect to find out what my new delivery window was, to which the response was "we hope to get back to you in the near future" on that question.

While it's great to be assigned a guide, particularly as my reservation dates only to May of 2020, so I'm nowhere near the front of the line, there doesn't seem to be much benefit. My guide seems quite nice, and is certainly responsive. That's great, but if there's no new information that can be provided, what's the point?
I was assigned a guide with no delivery date and a few days later I received an email that my expected delivery was 2H23.

I contacted my guide any they said I should ignore the email. A week later my guide provided me with a VIN but still did not have a delivery date. Several weeks later my R1T was delivered to my house. I did not get a “delivery date” until 3 days before it was delivered to my home.

My point is that delivery date has a different meaning once a guide is assigned. It’s an actual date and not an estimate. It’s a date needed for insurance.

I think you will get confirmation of a VIN in the not too distant future without a delivery date, which will follow a bit later.

If your R1 is shipped by rail then add 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Now see, in my case. I got the 8 step email on a Saturday night, started filling out the paperwork on Sunday, then by Wednesday of that week, I received an email from my guide introducing herself. So the guide was assigned to me AFTER I started to get the 8-step online information filled out. 🤔

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps the Rivian guides are merely taking what Emerson said to heart when he wrote that a "foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was really surprised when I was notified that I had been assigned a guide — back in May — because my reservation was for the Max Pack which wasn’t slated to appear before 2023. During our phone introduction he informed me that the Max Pack would probably be delayed until 2024 but if I was willing to accept the Large Pack I could get an R1T within a month. Had I decided to stick with the Max Pack I would have lost my guide but since I agreed to the switch I ended up with my R1T in July.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was really surprised when I was notified that I had been assigned a guide — back in May — because my reservation was for the Max Pack which wasn’t slated to appear before 2023. During our phone introduction he informed me that the Max Pack would probably be delayed until 2024 but if I was willing to accept the Large Pack I could get an R1T within a month. Had I decided to stick with the Max Pack I would have lost my guide but since I agreed to the switch I ended up with my R1T in July.
I have the R1T configured with the Max Pack as well, but am not willing to change to the LR. I haven't officially informed my guide of that and wonder if when I do, I'll be returned to the guideless state for another year or so. I'm surprised to hear that your guide stated that the Max will likely be delayed to 2024. I personally think that's much more likely than the delivery window of 1H2023 that I and quite a few others were assigned in a Dec 2021 Rivian email.

As my origianl post indicated, my guide initially told me that he did not see any info on a delivery window in my file. When I told him about the Dec email, he replied that there was new delivery information coming, and likely that was why there was nothing in my file now. He was unable to provide anything further, so have no idea what the new delivery info may be. If Max deliveries really are delayed a year, being assigned a guide at this point makes no sense, unless it's to persuade you to take the LR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My guide has been telling me my R1T is ready to ship "any day" since 12Jul. Went so far as to tell me two weeks ago that my truck was in VA (2 hrs from my VA home) and completed with quality checks and that shipping should be contacting me any day. We of course prepared for imminent delivery by selling my current ride as down payment. I was then told this week (after I texted my Guide again when I didn't hear anything about delivery) that they discovered they needed a new part for my R1T and that the truck wouldn't be ready till Aug. 12 at the earliest. I'm a little dismayed about the hype up and then delay. Reminds me of the military... hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
GW/BLK MTN R1T Adventure 22" Sport Dark
5 Posts
I am in the Aug/Sept '22 delivery window, but have yet to get a Guide assigned. Is it common that you're in your delivery window and not have a Guide yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts