Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time I thought that Rivian was headquartered in Normal, Illinois because of all the talk and news around the plant. It took me a while to realize that Normal is just for production while their actual headquarters are in Irvine, California.

·
Registered
208 Posts
For the longest time I thought that Rivian was headquartered in Normal, Illinois because of all the talk and news around the plant. It took me a while to realize that Normal is just for production while their actual headquarters are in Irvine, California.

Well actually, Rivian started life as a MICHIGAN (Plymouth) based company, before they purged talent here and packed up and left to sunny and drier California.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wonder how much of the decision to go to Cali was based around sourcing talent.
Initially around here, they purged a lot of manufacturing and engineering launch talent. People intimately familiar with launching new products to the market. Typically from the OEMs. The hired a lot of Stamping, Manufacturing, Design, and Supplier Quality people to start up. Then shortly after doing that, Rivian announced plans to move those jobs and headquarters to CA. Presumably, in an effort to attract a lot of the battery, software, and programming talent from Silicon valley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts