Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who have not pre-ordered or have not signed up to receive email updates from Rivian, Rivian sent out the following update via email stating some destinations they will be visiting this fall. From the email:

https://www.rivianownersforum.com/attachments/upload_2019-8-20_12-55-42-png.656/

In case the above image doesn't appear in your browser, the cities are: Atlanta, Seattle and San Francisco. I'll update this post when they announce the dates.

As of Aug 23, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.
As of Sep 4, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Seattle private event will be September 27, 2019, 4-6pm and 7-9pm
As of Dec 12, 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.
As of Dec 27 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco public event will be held at the Proof Lab in Mill Valley, CA. RSVP link is in the email.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope they get to the Midwest next year... KC Auto Show or something like that.
Ditto, but I would prefer it be sooner than that especially since Rivian said we will be able to configure our vehicles by end of this year. Actually, I would like to be able to test drive either EAV before I have to "commit" my order, whether that commitment is additional money or otherwise. Unfortunately that's looking less likely though I'm still hopeful. I really don't want to think about if I end up having to cancel my pre-order. That would be sooo disappointing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OP has been updated with the following: Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.

In case you were wondering, this will be like previous events where "touching and sitting inside the vehicles is prohibited." Rivian email goes on to say "When it's time to get behind the wheel, you'll (pre-order holder) be the first to know."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sucks we won't be able to view much in-person so far.
I will just spend my time testing and checking out other EV's showing up. Along with existing models already out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday, Rivian announced via email (invite) their Seattle private event will be September 27, 2019, 4-6pm and 7-9pm. OP has been updated with said information. Note: For this event you get to chose one of two time slots.

Once again, this event like previous events, Rivian states "Due to the volume of guests, access to the vehicles is restricted to viewing only."

·
Registered
414 Posts
Is anyone on here planning on going to any of these events? It would be great to get some updates from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally won't be going as I am out of the country, but my wife and I went to NYIAS in April, Denver back in June, and she is going to ATL on Friday. I will report back what she finds out there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I personally won't be going as I am out of the country, but my wife and I went to NYIAS in April, Denver back in June, and she is going to ATL on Friday. I will report back what she finds out there.
That's great news, I can't wait to hear what she has to say! Hopefully she can take some photos and videos!

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's awesome @jimcgov3! Have they provided details on what's going to happen in Atlanta?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may attend the Seattle event but I just got back in town and would have to do a whole bunch of planning -- never been to Seattle nor do I know anybody that lives there.

Anybody here going to the Seattle event?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Rivian is planning an event in their neck of the woods in Normal, Illinois.

NORMAL — Rivian is ready to show off its wares in the Twin Cities.

The electric car startup that bought the former Mitsubishi Motors North America plant in Normal will display two upcoming vehicles, "technology, plant news and employment opportunities," for the public from 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 13 on Uptown Circle in Normal.

"You’ll be able to meet Rivian staff and see the R1T pickup and the R1S SUV in person," according to a news release. "You’ll also have a chance to check out the Rivian skateboard technology our vehicles are built on, and get first access to photos of — and news about — progress inside our plant."

Normal Mayor Chris Koos, who said in August he was updated on Rivian's progress at the plant and "happily stunned and energized by what happens there," added only one comment Thursday: "Prepare to be amazed."

The company plans to invest at least $40.5 million in the plant by the end of 2021 and hire at least 1,000 to work there. Hitting those milestones would trigger $49.5 million in state tax credits, a $1 million grant from the town of Normal and a local property tax abatement.

Rivian CEO R.J. Scaringe is expected to attend the event with employees from the Normal plant, other Rivian facilities and its recruiting team. Available jobs can be viewed at rivian.com/careers.

"We’ll have a temporary storefront displaying Rivian history and plant photos at One Uptown Circle," according to the release. "Normal’s experienced workforce, existing plant infrastructure and beautiful location made the city a natural home for us. We’re excited to build our electric adventure vehicles in collaboration with this community."

Parking for the event will be available in the deck at Uptown Station, which has charging stations for electric vehicles, including Tesla Superchargers.
https://www.pantagraph.com/business/local/rivian-plans-community-event-oct-in-uptown-normal/article_c2aa49c0-8d5c-5676-8960-c6b4fbace9bd.html/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rivian has announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later. The OP has been updated.

1576194425805.png

·
Registered
304 Posts
Rivian has announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later. The OP has been updated.

View attachment 127
I wonder if this is going to be at one of their offices or if they go with another location.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder if this is going to be at one of their offices or if they go with another location.
I initially thought the same thing but their California offices are in Irvine, San Jose, and Carson. I guess they could still have it at one of those offices but then why advertise it as a San Francisco event. Will know soon enough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts