Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
Hopefully the Amazon partnership means they’ll offer a discount on the installation.
And free delivery for Prime customer! :love:

·
Registered
140 Posts
"Amazon home services": Like many of these services, major metropolitan areas only. And not in even some of those.
And I found one article that makes it sound like Amazon has scaled this service back.
And I am going to guess that the people fulfilling this service would need to be a licensed Electrician in that given area and have to pull a permit.
Probably better to just find and go with local electrician directly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a former Amazon employee, my understanding is that Amazon Home Services would only approve a licensed electrician, but yes, you can always contract your own professional. I'm sure we'll know more as we get closer to delivery.

·
Registered
845 Posts
That charger in the picture appears to be a ChargePoint Flex. It's even got ChargePoint branding on it. Nothing to indicate it's special to Rivian.

Amazon outsources installs to local contractors of the "lowest bid" variety. No way would I use them. If you aren't comfortable installing the charger, yourself, then find a quality electrician.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a former Amazon employee, my understanding is that Amazon Home Services would only approve a licensed electrician, but yes, you can always contract your own professional. I'm sure we'll know more as we get closer to delivery.
On Amazon's website it says "All our service pros are handpicked and required to be business background-checked, insured, and licensed if applicable" so it does seem like it has to be Amazon approved.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want to go with the Rivian home charger it's going to cost you $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts