Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RIVIAN R1T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My charging station will be fairly close to the electrical box that will supply the electricity. Essentially one floor and maybe 20 feet. How much are people paying for basic set-up. The first quote seemed a little high!

·
Registered
168 Posts
My charging station will be fairly close to the electrical box that will supply the electricity. Essentially one floor and maybe 20 feet. How much are people paying for basic set-up. The first quote seemed a little high!
One floor and 20 feet....

And years upon years of training, experience, licensing and certification. Probably a truck, expensive tools, gas, insurance, warranties and a multitude of other overheads. Oh and a living wage.

But yeah, it's just 20 feet.

·
Registered
R1S El Cap
22 Posts
A bunch of folks in our neighborhood got teslas and they told me it's worth getting a quote from multiple sources. I'm not familiar with QMerit but I'm sure as their official partner it might be on the higher end. Some of our neighbors had to have boxes upgraded or more lines installed. detached garage vs. attached garage. any licensed electrician worth their salt should be able to do the install.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I did 2 installations, 1 Rivian Wall Charger and 1 Wallbox Pulsar Plus. Both had a short, 5-10 foot run from the service to the garage. Both installations took about 2 hours. I used reputable local electricians in both locations. Both were about $600.00

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Los Angeles in an area where things are very expensive. I paid about $800 for the installation 25’ from my panel in an unfinished garage. Our utility (LADWP) provides a $1000 rebate to cover both installation and purchase of the charger but you have to use a licensed electrician and do the project with a permit (extra $100). All of which i did and got the rebate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious, years ago I had a Tesla and just used a 240 volt outlet to charge it. I know Rivian sells the wall charger, but I think I understand that without the wall charger the 240 outlet will give about 23 miles an hour range, but with the wall charger, about 25 miles an hour of range. Not much difference considering the cost of the charger. Curious to hear some of the expert technical opinions out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts