Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I spoke to them too, over 2 weeks ago. Several quotes were going to be offered via an email. Nothing- no contact was ever returned.

’I’ve read other posts there someone reported they received a quote. And the insurance agent I spoke with claimed they have several early R1T owners covered.

but no information was returned for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to them too, over 2 weeks ago. Several quotes were going to be offered via an email. Nothing- no contact was ever returned.

’I’ve read other posts there someone reported they received a quote. And the insurance agent I spoke with claimed they have several early R1T owners covered.

but no information was returned for me.
What insurance company is the agent affiliated with?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yes, it was expensive (and value based) since the required me to submit my previous elections and coverages BEFORE quoting their own policy. I have a perfect driving record FWIW... Which isn't worth very much apparently. LOL

Caveat in the response:

Lastly, keep in mind this quote doesn't include bundled discounts nor does Cincinnati Financial have the Rivian VIN# loaded into their system so this should go down some once they do get it into their system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rivian contacted me about insurance. They did end up giving me a quote for the car and home. The quote was from Nationwide. It only took them few days to provide the quotes after we spoke. I used the same R1T VIN to get a quote from State Farm to compare. State Farm was significantly cheaper for the R1T and home, with better coverage, and lower deductibles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rivian contacted me about insurance. They did end up giving me a quote for the car and home. The quote was from Nationwide. It only took them few days to provide the quotes after we spoke. I used the same R1T VIN to get a quote from State Farm to compare. State Farm was significantly cheaper for the R1T and home, with better coverage, and lower deductibles.
thank you - this is really helpful information
i’ll try again - assuming we get contacted by a guide this month.
cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone received a Rivian insurance quote? I spoke to them on Oct 26th and have not received any response.
Yes I was scheduled to go through the whole evaluation process for my insurance this year anyway, so I included the Rivian insurance agent as one of my quotes. Not only was the agent (Shylo) pleasant to deal with and talk to, the quote came in significantly less than my current insurer (Liberty Mutual). When I bundled my home insurance along with my four auto insurance policies, I ended up saving over $1000. I had gone through the quote process about 5 years ago, and Liberty Mutual was hundreds of dollars less than others at that time. Still no Rivian on the insurance yet though :-(

I think that the agents are very busy and trying to be personal so it may take a bit for them to get back to you. I would suggest that you give them the time to help, you may be as surprised what they can save as I was.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm insured through USAA and I can't imagine it would be more than insuring my 2017 Mercedes AMG C63 Cabriolet. That car is by far the most ridiculous car I have ever owned... although, the Rivian will be even quicker (except for top speed). Anyway, I'm expecting my insurance bill will decrease. I'm not planning on contacting them until I have the vehicle though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the website says Rivian insurance rates will lower if we use Driver+. is that factored into the difference in price? how much cheaper was State Farm? and doesnt Rivian insurance also cover offroading? did the State Farm quote cover that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the website says Rivian insurance rates will lower if we use Driver+. is that factored into the difference in price? how much cheaper was State Farm? and doesnt Rivian insurance also cover offroading? did the State Farm quote cover that?
Shylo from Rivian insurance did say the discount for Driver+ could be substantial, as much as 40%, but they didn't follow up in their quote with what that would mean for my quote specifically. For reference, we have a Rogue now with no accidents. I might have followed up with Shylo on that discount if their quote (for car and home combined) weren't already about 40% more than I pay at State Farm, to answer your other question. State Farm also has a similar discount as Driver+, which I have opted not to take, so they could potentially be even cheaper for us than Rivian ins.

If the Driver+ discount works the same as State Farm, it means an insurance company tracking with GPS whether we ever go over the speed limit, do a rolling stop, etc., so it's not just about defensive driving - this I don't gather appeals to many people. But perhaps this discount is worth checking out if others' ins quotes are more competitive.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I just saw a promo from Farmers for USA Lacrosse members come through my email (my kids play). Ran the numbers (way simpler and faster than through Rivian Insurance, had the R1T LE in the drop down menu for 2022 vehicles, gave it my information and it kicked out a basic quote at $105/mo. This seems pretty good to me for a starting point with basic coverages, but if you are a USA Lax member you may want to check for yourself. Farmers seems competitive.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Shylo from Rivian insurance did say the discount for Driver+ could be substantial, as much as 40%, but they didn't follow up in their quote with what that would mean for my quote specifically. For reference, we have a Rogue now with no accidents. I might have followed up with Shylo on that discount if their quote (for car and home combined) weren't already about 40% more than I pay at State Farm, to answer your other question. State Farm also has a similar discount as Driver+, which I have opted not to take, so they could potentially be even cheaper for us than Rivian ins.

If the Driver+ discount works the same as State Farm, it means an insurance company tracking with GPS whether we ever go over the speed limit, do a rolling stop, etc., so it's not just about defensive driving - this I don't gather appeals to many people. But perhaps this discount is worth checking out if others' ins quotes are more competitive.
Hey. I’m a no on that insurance monitoring big brother pressure. No thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.