Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
" When you unlock the R1T, your driver profile automatically adjusts the seat and steering wheel to your preferred position. "

I sure hope this isn't exactly how this works.....my wife's Volvo worked like this instead of just reading the fob when the door is opened or the ignition starts. The problem is we never "Lock" the vehicle in the garage, so it never gets "unlocked" meaning the settings don't ever automatically adjust... instead I have to push and hold the memory button on the seat...

I know first world problems.... but when Vovlo responded to me that "most people lock their vehicles when they're in their secured garage" it just pissed me off....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now I am really looking forward to a test drive to check the comfort level. Compared to my Ridgeline, the RIT has more head & legroom but less shoulder & hip room. Hoping my fat butt fits in the driver seat.
The rest of the interior features look pretty cool. Love the removable blue tooth speaker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
" When you unlock the R1T, your driver profile automatically adjusts the seat and steering wheel to your preferred position. "

I sure hope this isn't exactly how this works.....my wife's Volvo worked like this instead of just reading the fob when the door is opened or the ignition starts. The problem is we never "Lock" the vehicle in the garage, so it never gets "unlocked" meaning the settings don't ever automatically adjust... instead I have to push and hold the memory button on the seat...

I know first world problems.... but when Vovlo responded to me that "most people lock their vehicles when they're in their secured garage" it just pissed me off....
My BMW does the same and I hate that as I also dont lock it in the garage but thankfully it will ask to confirm the driver profile to load but on the other hand my Lexus reads the key fob and adjusts accordingly with no fuss.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Impressed, this interior is very well thought off and extremely well implemented. On sheer looks, it is the best I have seen. I am big fan of new mercedes GLE/GLS interior and dash but this is pretty much there or even better. Shows the effort and eye for detail for every feature and its utility. Rivian, you nailed it!!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

Just lock your darn car! Even in the garage. Modern cars have a LOT of modules and computers and many don't go fully to sleep unless the car is locked and left alone.

Rivian has previously said the R1 would automatically lock if the key was moved away from the vehicle (you walk away) so that may help you.

·
Registered
35 Posts

If they are going the Tesla route, it will change depending on which fob is approaching the drivers side door (at least on my X).

Works pretty slick, unless my wife beats me into the car and it detects her fob first... I then get smooshed into the windscreen and end up panic pressing the other driver setting button before I end up eating my steering wheel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Now I am really looking forward to a test drive to check the comfort level. Compared to my Ridgeline, the RIT has more head & legroom but less shoulder & hip room. Hoping my fat butt fits in the driver seat.
The rest of the interior features look pretty cool. Love the removable blue tooth speaker.
In my opinion the R1T disappoints compared to the Honda Ridgeline at least in 4 key ways:

• Moonroof that opens!
  • Back window that opens
  • Apple Carplay availibility
  • Back seat storage area that stores flat.

Really hoping I can overlook those deficiencies, so that test drive will be key. Really want a EV I can use for my commute and my adventure lifestyle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just lock your darn car! Even in the garage. Modern cars have a LOT of modules and computers and many don't go fully to sleep unless the car is locked and left alone.

Rivian has previously said the R1 would automatically lock if the key was moved away from the vehicle (you walk away) so that may help you.
If they are going the Tesla route, it will change depending on which fob is approaching the drivers side door (at least on my X).

Works pretty slick, unless my wife beats me into the car and it detects her fob first... I then get smooshed into the windscreen and end up panic pressing the other driver setting button before I end up eating my steering wheel.
I agree. Hopefully it will behave like Tesla with everything adjusting based on the key fob/phone that approaches the driver side door and then opens the door. This occurs whether the car is locked or unlocked. There is also an option to "Exclude Home" so that the car doesn't auto-lock at home (when in secure garage). I think this will make the BMW and Volvo owners above very happy.

Reactions: MarkB
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.