Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivian Interior | R1S (SUV)
  • INTERIOR: We brought the essence of the great outdoors inside, combining sustainably sourced wood with colors and textures inspired by nature. In the places where adventure tends to leave a mark, we used premium, utilitarian materials that invite rugged, daily use.
  • THIRD ROW: An extra row of seating that folds flat for maximum storage. Please note, this option is not available with our 180 kWh battery pack.
  • FRUNK: More than 11 cubic feet of lockable storage to keep your stuff safe, secure and protected from the elements.
  • DIGITAL DASHBOARD: Designed to simplify navigation, keep you connected and entertain on demand.
rivian-interior-r1s-01.jpg
rivian-interior-r1s-02.jpg
rivian-interior-r1s-03.jpg
rivian-interior-r1s-04.jpg
rivian-interior-r1s-05.jpg
rivian-interior-r1s-06.jpg

Rivian Interior | R1T (Pickup Truck)
  • INTERIOR: We brought the essence of the great outdoors inside, combining sustainably sourced wood with colors and textures inspired by nature. In the places where adventure tends to leave a mark, we used premium, utilitarian materials that invite rugged, daily use.
  • DIGITAL DASHBOARD: Designed to simplify navigation, keep you connected and entertain on demand.
  • GEAR TUNNEL: For the gear that never fits anywhere, an extra 12 cubic feet of lockable storage keeps your equipment safe and secure.
rivian-interior-r1t-01.jpg

rivian-interior-r1t-02.jpg

rivian-interior-r1t-04.jpg

rivian-interior-r1t-05.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
I really hope that Rivian's infotainment system is responsive and isn't laggy. Do we know if they designed it themselves? Or are they sourcing it from someone else?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope that Rivian's infotainment system is responsive and isn't laggy. Do we know if they designed it themselves? Or are they sourcing it from someone else?
It doesn't look like anything I've seen so far.
Chances are it will feel very familiar to infotainment system's we're already used to and that's a good thing IMO.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It doesn't look like anything I've seen so far.
Chances are it will feel very familiar to infotainment system's we're already used to and that's a good thing IMO.
I hope it won't be complicated to use. The last thing anyone want is a great car ruined by a bad infotainment screen, like Lexus and their screens.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it won't be complicated to use. The last thing anyone want is a great car ruined by a bad infotainment screen, like Lexus and their screens.
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are industry standards at this point that will find its way here.

Those alone should take care of most issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rivian Interior | R1S (SUV)
  • THIRD ROW: An extra row of seating that folds flat for maximum storage. Please note, this option is not available with our 180 kWh battery pack.
  • FRUNK: More than 11 cubic feet of lockable storage to keep your stuff safe, secure and protected from the elements.
View attachment 444 View attachment 445 View attachment 446 View attachment 447 View attachment 448 View attachment 449

Rivian Interior | R1T (Pickup Truck)
  • GEAR TUNNEL: For the gear that never fits anywhere, an extra 12 cubic feet of lockable storage keeps your equipment safe and secure.
View attachment 450
View attachment 451
View attachment 452
View attachment 453

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not having third row seating when buying a 180w battery is "Crazy". I would plan to make long road trip to visit family with my family of 5 plus wife and me and make sure that where family is they have and outlet for me to use to charge. Not having the Third seat because you want the bigger battery is "HORRIBLE" design approach and makes me think that this vehicle was badly thought out. It was probably competing against Highlander and Honda Pilot. I have owned both and especially in the Pilot used the seven row seating for long trips with the 5th person sitting in the back so to take advantage of a 4 captain seat set up while the 5th person had the one 40% section for sitting and the 60% section down for storage of suitcase and stuff. Definitely canceling my order for the R1S after i found this odd approach to the bigger battery pack ... it must just sit on top of it in the back of the skateboard ... definitely mediocre design approach. i would say that most of the ones ordering with the seven seats had the idea of a 180W battery for long road trips with 5 or more people ... and set up the way i explained it. Wow major let down. That leaves me with the minivan for those trips but now would think about the R1T because the usefulness of R1S just lost its appeal ... wow

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not having third row seating when buying a 180w battery is "Crazy". I would plan to make long road trip to visit family with my family of 5 plus wife and me and make sure that where family is they have and outlet for me to use to charge. Not having the Third seat because you want the bigger battery is "HORRIBLE" design approach and makes me think that this vehicle was badly thought out. It was probably competing against Highlander and Honda Pilot. I have owned both and especially in the Pilot used the seven row seating for long trips with the 5th person sitting in the back so to take advantage of a 4 captain seat set up while the 5th person had the one 40% section for sitting and the 60% section down for storage of suitcase and stuff. Definitely canceling my order for the R1S after i found this odd approach to the bigger battery pack ... it must just sit on top of it in the back of the skateboard ... definitely mediocre design approach. i would say that most of the ones ordering with the seven seats had the idea of a 180W battery for long road trips with 5 or more people ... and set up the way i explained it. Wow major let down. That leaves me with the minivan for those trips but now would think about the R1T because the usefulness of R1S just lost its appeal ... wow
Good point.

Rivian could have made that decision for any number of reasons. I believe its due to fitment issues and the 3rd row being hard to accommodate.

Its also possible that the majority 3rd row vehicle buyers don't exceed 310 miles of range (available on the 135 kWh battery pack) or at least won't see it as a deal breaker. What do you think? Rivian won't likely give us an answer but we can look into the numbers ourselves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't want to speak for Rivian, but I'm not sure it's so much poor design as it is the fact that there is limited amount of space to put additional battery packs and so they had to place them somewhere. Thus, the third row was removed to make room for the additional packs. If you decide on the 135kw pack, you're still getting 310+ miles per charge which in most cases is 3-3.5hrs of driving. I would think most people would want to get out and walk around, use the restroom, etc. after that much driving, but maybe I'm in the minority. We regularly take road trips in our 100D Model X and even with the self-driving feature- I still need to stretch my legs after 3.5hrs of driving. The time spent charging gives me plenty of time to do this, get something to eat and use the restroom before continuing on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe Alexa will do everything that Apple and Android does.
In my opinion Alexa can’t do everything because when you have your own device you can use many apps while driving. For example, Waze app that provides you the police and wizard cars that will be within 1 mile, music apps like YouTube music that is not working with Alexa. Giving the option for the customer is best thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my opinion Alexa can’t do everything because when you have your own device you can use many apps while driving. For example, Waze app that provides you the police and wizard cars that will be within 1 mile, music apps like YouTube music that is not working with Alexa. Giving the option for the customer is best thing.
Good point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to add a small point to the driver screen. I always see the Speedometer Screen there thinking how readable it would be with direct sunlight. Either it will be an matt/OLED screen or they just didn't put a suncover there in the protypes which I less likely think because these are according to rivian very production-like vehicles.
Sorry for the bad english

1 - 16 of 16 Posts