Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Amazon is not a major investor in Toyota. it may never be said outright, but VC’s and large investors often have some say in product development. Hopefully it is just a timed exclusive and CarPlay shows up after a while in an OTA update.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not having third row seating when buying a 180w battery is "Crazy". I would plan to make long road trip to visit family with my family of 5 plus wife and me and make sure that where family is they have and outlet for me to use to charge. Not having the Third seat because you want the bigger battery is "HORRIBLE" design approach and makes me think that this vehicle was badly thought out. It was probably competing against Highlander and Honda Pilot. I have owned both and especially in the Pilot used the seven row seating for long trips with the 5th person sitting in the back so to take advantage of a 4 captain seat set up while the 5th person had the one 40% section for sitting and the 60% section down for storage of suitcase and stuff. Definitely canceling my order for the R1S after i found this odd approach to the bigger battery pack ... it must just sit on top of it in the back of the skateboard ... definitely mediocre design approach. i would say that most of the ones ordering with the seven seats had the idea of a 180W battery for long road trips with 5 or more people ... and set up the way i explained it. Wow major let down. That leaves me with the minivan for those trips but now would think about the R1T because the usefulness of R1S just lost its appeal ... wow
Agree with almost every thing said here except for the “poor design” and the canceling my order part. As much as I would love to get the larger battery pack and the 3rd row seat, I’m opting to go LE and 3rd row. I currently have an Audi eTron and that only has a little over 200+ miles of range. We get along just fine with that 95% of the time. It’s those longer road trips the extra range would come in handy. Not worth canceling IMO; However, if you are a good option for you might be the Pacifica Hybrid. I loved that thing for long road trips and with the ~30miles of pure electric range, you will be pretty close to full time electric as long as you always charge between your shorter commutes.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Old pre-production photo. This is not representative of what production interior will look like. You can confirm that by noting that the fins around the right edge have long since been removed from the view in the configurator. Because of that I'm not sure we can trust that wood is representative of the final product either, sadly :(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.