Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Rivian Interior | R1T and R1S

18K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  eHauler 
#1 ·
Rivian Interior | R1S (SUV)
  • INTERIOR: We brought the essence of the great outdoors inside, combining sustainably sourced wood with colors and textures inspired by nature. In the places where adventure tends to leave a mark, we used premium, utilitarian materials that invite rugged, daily use.
  • THIRD ROW: An extra row of seating that folds flat for maximum storage. Please note, this option is not available with our 180 kWh battery pack.
  • FRUNK: More than 11 cubic feet of lockable storage to keep your stuff safe, secure and protected from the elements.
  • DIGITAL DASHBOARD: Designed to simplify navigation, keep you connected and entertain on demand.
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Minivan
Trunk Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Head restraint
Air travel Head restraint Mode of transport Passenger Vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Multimedia Center console

Rivian Interior | R1T (Pickup Truck)
  • INTERIOR: We brought the essence of the great outdoors inside, combining sustainably sourced wood with colors and textures inspired by nature. In the places where adventure tends to leave a mark, we used premium, utilitarian materials that invite rugged, daily use.
  • DIGITAL DASHBOARD: Designed to simplify navigation, keep you connected and entertain on demand.
  • GEAR TUNNEL: For the gear that never fits anywhere, an extra 12 cubic feet of lockable storage keeps your equipment safe and secure.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Car seat Luxury vehicle Family car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Steering wheel

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#7 ·
Rivian Interior | R1S (SUV)
  • THIRD ROW: An extra row of seating that folds flat for maximum storage. Please note, this option is not available with our 180 kWh battery pack.
  • FRUNK: More than 11 cubic feet of lockable storage to keep your stuff safe, secure and protected from the elements.
View attachment 444 View attachment 445 View attachment 446 View attachment 447 View attachment 448 View attachment 449

Rivian Interior | R1T (Pickup Truck)
  • GEAR TUNNEL: For the gear that never fits anywhere, an extra 12 cubic feet of lockable storage keeps your equipment safe and secure.
View attachment 450
View attachment 451
View attachment 452
View attachment 453

#8 ·
Not having third row seating when buying a 180w battery is "Crazy". I would plan to make long road trip to visit family with my family of 5 plus wife and me and make sure that where family is they have and outlet for me to use to charge. Not having the Third seat because you want the bigger battery is "HORRIBLE" design approach and makes me think that this vehicle was badly thought out. It was probably competing against Highlander and Honda Pilot. I have owned both and especially in the Pilot used the seven row seating for long trips with the 5th person sitting in the back so to take advantage of a 4 captain seat set up while the 5th person had the one 40% section for sitting and the 60% section down for storage of suitcase and stuff. Definitely canceling my order for the R1S after i found this odd approach to the bigger battery pack ... it must just sit on top of it in the back of the skateboard ... definitely mediocre design approach. i would say that most of the ones ordering with the seven seats had the idea of a 180W battery for long road trips with 5 or more people ... and set up the way i explained it. Wow major let down. That leaves me with the minivan for those trips but now would think about the R1T because the usefulness of R1S just lost its appeal ... wow

#9 ·
Good point.

Rivian could have made that decision for any number of reasons. I believe its due to fitment issues and the 3rd row being hard to accommodate.

Its also possible that the majority 3rd row vehicle buyers don't exceed 310 miles of range (available on the 135 kWh battery pack) or at least won't see it as a deal breaker. What do you think? Rivian won't likely give us an answer but we can look into the numbers ourselves.

#14 ·
In my opinion Alexa can’t do everything because when you have your own device you can use many apps while driving. For example, Waze app that provides you the police and wizard cars that will be within 1 mile, music apps like YouTube music that is not working with Alexa. Giving the option for the customer is best thing.

#16 ·
I have to add a small point to the driver screen. I always see the Speedometer Screen there thinking how readable it would be with direct sunlight. Either it will be an matt/OLED screen or they just didn't put a suncover there in the protypes which I less likely think because these are according to rivian very production-like vehicles.
Sorry for the bad english

#18 ·
These are the interior options from the configurator.

View attachment 916
Well, Rivian must have to pay dearly for the green pigment these days. Extra for Forest Edge and for Forest Green paint seems to be extra. Just can not like the Launch Green. Still hope to get a refund to get 5 seet interior rather than 7. Just do not want to wait till sometime in 2022.

#36 ·
Old pre-production photo. This is not representative of what production interior will look like. You can confirm that by noting that the fins around the right edge have long since been removed from the view in the configurator. Because of that I'm not sure we can trust that wood is representative of the final product either, sadly :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.