Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian rolled out the 2022.39.03 software update for the R1T electric pickup and R1S electric SUV. The highlighted feature of this latest update is the “Kneel Mode” which can lower the vehicle by up to 10 inches, making it easier for the driver and passengers to get in and out of the vehicle.

The “Kneel Mode” feature is possible due to Rivian’s independent air suspension system. This feature can be activated after the vehicle is parked, and places the vehicle at a low driving height—about 10 inches (254 millimeters) from the ground.

More details: Rivian introduces Kneel Mode in the latest software update, makes entry/exit easier by lowering the vehicle

· Registered
Tesla S 100D, Land Rover Defender 110 Launch Edition P400, Rivian R1T El Cap Granite
3 Posts
Rivian completely nailed this feature. Without a running board option the vehicle was a little too high for my wife at 5'4" and others vertically challenged attempting to climb in. No front or side pillar handle for assisting in this effort was there either. The kneel function completely addresses the challenge......now if they could just address the CarPlay thingy:\

· Registered
1 Posts
I have been experiencing an oddity with Kneel Mode. I am 5'5". Usually, when I exit the vehicle I lower the seat and move it to the rear so that I have an easier time hopping in or out. After the OTA, when I open the door the seat tries to go back to my stored setting. I did a soft reset but will try a system reset tonight. If the seat moved to my stored setting AFTER I get in, that would be a cool feature...

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Finally got the update today. Tried kneel mode. I don’t like it. Open a door and it stops. And when you want to drive it doesn’t raise until you’re down the street and it rides like poo until it raises. This is especially uncomfortable because driveways are common when first starting out. I quickly disabled it.

now the auto brightness, however, THAT is wonderful.

· Registered
12 Posts
Kneel mode originally appeared after the update and now it has disappeared and doesn't show on screen. Shows as on in preferences. Not that much value because really it is just moving to the Lowest mode which is still 'high' for some people. Would prefer a low tech solution of an installable step.

· Registered
11 Posts
Rivian rolled out the 2022.39.03 software update for the R1T electric pickup and R1S electric SUV. The highlighted feature of this latest update is the “Kneel Mode” which can lower the vehicle by up to 10 inches, making it easier for the driver and passengers to get in and out of the vehicle.

The “Kneel Mode” feature is possible due to Rivian’s independent air suspension system. This feature can be activated after the vehicle is parked, and places the vehicle at a low driving height—about 10 inches (254 millimeters) from the ground.

More details: Rivian introduces Kneel Mode in the latest software update, makes entry/exit easier by lowering the vehicle
Really needed this kneel mode. I got my delivery today. I m 5'10" it's a struggle getting up or down. My wife is 5'2" she is really having hard time mounting herself up. Didn't tried the kneel mode. Forgot to turn it on. I turned it on now but didn't tried to see how it works and what difference it makes. Doors are hard to close. U need to slam the door. Tonneau cover obviously need replacement, I m in line too. No need to tell about cargo spaces. No need to talk about ride quality. Interior is ocean coast, looks beautiful and elegant. Sound quality is great. Phone app is limited. 21" wheels as option. Truck is big when in driveway. It's tall when in driveway. No squeaking interior. Somewhat wind noices noticed from somewhere.

· Registered
100 Posts
The "kneel mode" update broke my compressor function. Rivian Support told me that this was happening in some trucks and immediately sent me another update to install; this fixed the compressor - sorta. It at least now has a functioning display. Unfortunately, I can't air up the tires past about 40. Not sure if that's still update related or an actual compressor problem, but I already had a service appointment scheduled so they'll test it then. I seldom use the compressor so had I not needed to air up tires, I may not have even noticed this issue...

· Registered
790 Posts
Yes, it's well-known at this point that software version 2022.39.1 caused problems for some small fraction of customers, and that one of those problems was that the bed-mounted air compressor stopped working. This is why 2022.39.3 was released just days later. To solve your problem, get the updated vehicle software.

now it won't turn off when I try to raise the truck
Don't know what that means - it doesn't make much sense. The compressor for the air suspension is entirely separate from the bed-mounted utility compressor.

· Registered
12 Posts
Yes, it's well-known at this point that software version 2022.39.1 caused problems for some small fraction of customers, and that one of those problems was that the bed-mounted air compressor stopped working. This is why 2022.39.3 was released just days later. To solve your problem, get the updated vehicle software.

Don't know what that means - it doesn't make much sense. The compressor for the air suspension is entirely separate from the bed-mounted utility compressor.
My error, I meant the compressor that lowers and raises the truck height

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
78 Posts

I was loving kneel until i just mounted 275/65/20 Nokians. they clear by about 1/3 inch when parked in kneel, but rub if the truck doesn't raise quickly enough when I start moving. I just have to remember to wait 30 seconds. still a worthwhile feature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts