Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John McElroy from Autoline is reporting that Rivian is going to be moving most of their operations from Michigan to Irvine California. Rivian has apparently bought a huge facility and will do most of its design, engineering, and technical development there. They'll keep some members in Michigan to finish current work, but all future work will be done in California. RJ Scaringe wants all the tech staff in one place.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow, if that's true that's a big shift for the company. If I was one of the Michigan workers I'd be livid about this.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This just popped up on my newsfeed, Autoblog reached out to Rivian and this is what they were told.

Of Rivian’s 2,300 employees, approximately 1,000 are based in California and 750 in Michigan, and we are consolidating some engineering teams to our locations in California to improve workflows and reduce environmental impact from travel. We’ve recently completed an expansion at our Michigan location and it will remain an important presence for us. We are also committed to creating a vibrant and inviting manufacturing presence in Normal, Illinois, where all Rivian vehicles will be produced. As we grow, we’ll keep evaluating and evolving our footprint and geography.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Unfortunate move for Rivian employee's in Michigan. But its no surprise as automakers have been shifting around a lot lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts