Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why does everyone say this? I would be surprised if Rivian gave Amazon a controlling interest. Lots of vehicles support Alexa AND CarPlay.
Amazon may not have a controlling interest but the last thing Rivian wants is to ruffle their feathers for any reason.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They had indicated they planned to go their own way before the Amazon stake was announced. I really don't think the decision has anything to do with Amazon.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Amazon may not have a controlling interest but the last thing Rivian wants is to ruffle their feathers for any reason.
The point of staying private is so they can execute their vision rather than be beholden to shareholders.

If Rivian isn't including CarPlay because of Amazon, then that's a failure, imo. Rivian should be focusing on making customers happy. Personally, I think providing CarPlay is the easiest way to do that... I'm holding out hope that their infotainment will be so damn amazing that it does everything CarPlay does, but better. Realistically, that seems improbable, but I'm hoping. However, if Rivian fails to hit that unlikely bar, then it's a failure. And if they don't make customers happy, then it doesn't matter their underlying reason.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Folks .. Apple Carplay and Amazon's "Alexa" integration can work together just fine.. suggest in order to preserve some brain cells to forgo the "what if", "hope so", "need to", and "Rivian should".. posts and wait for Rivian to give us facts. Plenty more info to come from Rivian between now and June 2021 for all of us .. those going for Launch Edition and those of us who are waiting until Jan 2022 for "Max Pack", like myself.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Folks .. Apple Carplay and Amazon's "Alexa" integration can work together just fine.. suggest in order to preserve some brain cells to forgo the "what if", "hope so", "need to", and "Rivian should".. posts and wait for Rivian to give us facts. Plenty more info to come from Rivian between now and June 2021 for all of us .. those going for Launch Edition and those of us who are waiting until Jan 2022 for "Max Pack", like myself.
Gotta disagree. The further in advance we can give feedback, the better. If everyone sat on their hands until launch then we'd get whatever they decided to include and if we are disappointed then they'd say "well, why didn't you speak up?"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gotta disagree. The further in advance we can give feedback, the better. If everyone sat on their hands until launch then we'd get whatever they decided to include and if we are disappointed then they'd say "well, why didn't you speak up?"
we haven't even seen Rivian's solution, so to be intense about Apple Carplay is just a waste of time. We don't know anything. We don't know anything specific about Rivian's voice commands, Nav maps, alexa integration, etc ..

·
Registered
799 Posts
we haven't even seen Rivian's solution, so to be intense about Apple Carplay is just a waste of time. We don't know anything. We don't know anything specific about Rivian's voice commands, Nav maps, alexa integration, etc ..
By that logic, how dare anyone have an opinion about anything related to an unreleased product?

Why post anything at all, then?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hoped Rivian owners would be better than Tesla people... But it's not looking good.
I am NOT a Tesla guy .. I am a pickup kinda guy since age 16.. nothing but pickups, Ford to be specific, current Raptor and F150 owner. What makes a forum not look good are folks posting with "needs to, has to, want this specifically, my opinion matters or I am not a buyer, ect" or any opinion based on unreleased info yet to be disclosed by car company itself on how it will approach a user experience. Have a good day

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am NOT a Tesla guy .. I am a pickup kinda guy since age 16.. nothing but pickups, Ford to be specific, current Raptor and F150 owner. What makes a forum not look good are folks posting with "needs to, has to, want this specifically, my opinion matters or I am not a buyer, ect" or any opinion based on unreleased info yet to be disclosed by car company itself on how it will approach a user experience. Have a good day
I never accused you of being a Tesla guy.

If you think it ruins a forum when customers discuss their needs and wants, then, well, we are never going to see eye to eye.

If you believed your own stated logic, you wouldn't be posting here, since the product isn't released, right?

And if you think opinions don't matter until after the product is released, then you're almost always going to be disappointed. You can't change it when it's already released.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most products take YEARS to develop. Bantering on the internet about wants and needs for a vehicle expecting to start deliveries within months is futile. The research about customer wants and needs was completed long before preproduction started.

If you don’t like what’s offered in the R1T, wait for v2.0. If that hasn’t already been planned, then the customer feedback will be useful. If it has been planned, then you need to wait for v3.0.

As you see, customer feedback takes years to implement, not months.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Most products take YEARS to develop. Bantering on the internet about wants and needs for a vehicle expecting to start deliveries within months is futile. The research about customer wants and needs was completed long before preproduction started.

If you don’t like what’s offered in the R1T, wait for v2.0. If that hasn’t already been planned, then the customer feedback will be useful. If it has been planned, then you need to wait for v3.0.

As you see, customer feedback takes years to implement, not months.
None of what you said is justification for telling someone to “shut up”.

·
Registered
66 Posts
None of what you said is justification for telling someone to “shut up”.
That is correct. Not trying to justify and not telling anyone to. Just saying we can want all day long, but that won't actually do anything to get us any closer to those wants. When Rivian fully releases the production vehicle, we will know what the R1T has to offer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts